Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2007, 06:43 AM   #1
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
1st Time Out In Monty!

We were out for the first time in our 3585SA for a week. I have to say everything went good! We were very pleased with the set up. I think we can see out a great deal more with all the windows! The enclosed bath was nice with the fantastic fan..no more steamed up mirror..lol We did have to tighten the faucet hookup in the kitchen sink as we had a small drip.
The weather was a wee bit cold (dropped down to 18 degrees for a couple of nights) We ran the electric heater, fireplace and furnance. No problems keeping it nice and toasty. We even had some strong winds up to 45 gust(the toppers sure can get noisy!) The fireplace can get a bit hot, near the top and by wood.(we only ran this in the daytime)The furnance didnt seem as noisy as in our last Monty.
The table is not real close to the window so the day/night shade was much easier going up and down. The kitchen sinks are a bit smaller, but love the counter room. The trash opening takes in a bit of cold air so we covered it at night. Didnt think we would like the trash opening but it worked out well. I was able to keep my 30 & 50 amp cords in the bottom area of the door, so that is a plus. The closet in the bedroom is built a bit different, felt it stayed warmer than the one in the other Monty. No cold air rushing out.
All in all we are very pleased with the Monty!
The one thing that really did surprise us was the JT's Strongarms...Just really happy with them! We had the granddaughters..so they were tested really well..lol
We had a great week and didnt want to return home!

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:54 AM   #2
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Glad you had a great trip with no major problems. I agree with you on the JT's that was the best money we spent.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:23 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Congatulations Campbud!! You beat me to the punch - still no maiden voyage on ours yet - and more snow coming this weekend. Oh well, glad to hear it all worked for you.

I just ordered the JTs yesterday. I'll have to figure a work around for the generator exhaust and rear crossmember, but hopefully get them installed this weekend or next.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:42 AM   #4
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
You know all is well when you don't want to go home. Glad the 1st trip was a success. I want to go see this model. It's the only one that has grabbed my attention since our 3000RK. Hope you have continued smooth adventures.

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:00 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations! It's always brings peace of mind to have the shakdeown done with and know that all went well. May you have many more years enjoying the new Montana.

Do the JT's have to be removed when you break down or do they retract with the landing gear?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:08 AM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Steve,

You just loosen the slide bolts (T-handles) on each JT arm before you retract, and they just go along for the ride. No need to take apart anything.

Brad
Old 04-10-2007, 08:34 AM   #7
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142

Steve: yes just like Brad says...so nice not to have to haul the kingpin.

Brad: Took me awhile to get the JT's ...I think I did the fronts one day and the backs another.

Mudchief: yes it is the best money we spent too!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:00 AM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Oh, I see some fulltiming or longtiming in your future. A serious symptom when you don't want to go home after a week in the Monty! Congrats and safe travels!

Brad, you better get that snow taken care of before we head for Colorado next month! We Alabamians are allergic to that stuff!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:14 AM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Judy -

I'm starting to get alergic to it myself - and I'm a NATIVE of CO! One thing has been consistent, it only snows on the weekends. If you come out during the week, you should see 70-80 degrees!

Brad
Old 04-10-2007, 10:42 AM   #10
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
One just can't help themselves from smiling when they hear stories like this. I am happy to hear that your coach exceeded your expectations. Enjoy...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote