Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2016, 07:29 AM   #1
chuck194

M.O.C. #13931
Wet

I have 2007 Montana 3400rl , I am having a problem with water under fridge and cupboard next to it I think it could be coming down side of fridge from outside vents has anyone had this problem and how to fix .thanks

chuck194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:13 AM   #2
stungjoe
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14623
Here ya go:
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=66475

Be sure to open the links inside this thread. This mod fixed mine for certain.

Waynem's thread is here
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=29699
stungjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:47 AM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
You will notice the white tubing hanging down in one of the pictures posted by Waynem's thread. That is the condensation drive hose from the collection tray in the frig under the veins inside the frig. Make sure that tube has not broken off or come loose from the try. They do have a tendency to get brittle and break or crack letting the moisture from the tray to leak into the back area of the frig. If you do have that tube make sure it is run through the cooling vents on the lower door of the frig compartment on the outside of your unit. If it does not go through one of the vent holes it will just dump the condensation into the back area of the frig and drain down onto your floor and carpet if you have some close.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:42 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Wow! I don't have my Montana anymore but I was surprised when I received a thank you message from Chuck194. I'm very glad that my photo's of the problem fix are still available. Thanks to the admins for keeping me alive on this thread. We are still traveling, but in a motorhome. Many times we wish we still had the Montana, but there are times we are happy to have the MH as well.

Had the invented all the automatic features of today's Montana back in 2007, I'd still have it. To old and to lazy to buy another one and make payments till after I'm gone.

Belated "many" Happy New Year's"

Happy trails.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 03:13 AM   #5
chuck194

M.O.C. #13931
Wet. Sitting here in rain storm in Florida right now and water is still coming in on the floor under fridge even running out the front bottom of fridge ,put angle in and called it all around still leaks ,any other suggestions from all the people that had same problem.thanks
chuck194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:57 PM   #6
The Erwins
Established Member

M.O.C. #18186
I hope you have already resolved this? If not we had the same issue with our last unit, woke up one morning and out of the blue water was everywhere!

After investigating we found that where the vent met the side wall of the trailer and "floor" the fridge sits on the black silicon had begun to lift ever so slightly in one corner, we pulled the caulking out and replaced and never leaked again.

GOOD LUCK
The Erwins is offline   Reply With Quote