Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2004, 11:17 PM   #1
Montana_1742

M.O.C. #1742
Sat Prep wiring question

Hi
On my 2004 Big Sky 3685 I'm having problems getting my TV in the bedroom working with my Sat receiver. I have the Sat dish wired to the sat prep input on the outside of my 5er. There is also another coax connection on the outside of the 5er but it has no label. I have a wall plate mark Aux/Sat in the front entertainment center which I have feeding the input of my sat receiver. I have a coax cable connected to my Sat receivers output that I removed from the TV jack output located in the entertainment center. The front TV works fine. The only other coax connection in the entertainment center is not labeled. In the bedroom I also have 2 wall plates, 1 marked Sat Prep and the other has no label. I have hooked my TV to both connections but I have no satellite signal. I have asked my Montana dealer how the front and rear tv jacks are wired but they do not know. Any help would be appreciated.

ACBSKB

Montana_1742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:35 AM   #2
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
I see no one jumped in here so I'll try.

On the outside the jack with no lable is the cable TV input. It runs to where ever your antenna power control is,(in mine the bedroom). The power control panel has a push button switch, a 12 volt jack and a little green light and a TV jack on the front. Green light on, that jack and the main TV should be on the antenna... push the button... light goes out, they switch to cable.

Sat prep wire goes into the entertainment cabinet, where you presumeably locate a receiver. The unused coax feeds the bed room. So, if you want sat TV in the bedroom, you use a microwave splitter between the LNB and the receiver, the put a second receiver in the bed room, or just split the composite output of the first receiver and send it to the bedroom on that extra coax. In mine it comes out beside the TV shelf at the foot of the bed.

Hope this helps.
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:29 AM   #3
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
I dont know much about the Sat but when we were in a KOA they had Sat at the space and to get Sat we had to make sure the Ant booster was off or no Sat.we are on cable and it works in both rooms with the booster off.
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote