Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
3750FL Water Leak

We've found a bit of water under the cabinet to the right of the toilet and on the bedroom carpet towards the bed slide from the heat register. As well when I removed the panel on the front of the shower base, I can see where it's damp and where water has been. The shower and sink fittings are dry so I suspect that the sani-flush is causing the issue. I use the sani-flush with the valve closed for up to 4 minutes after flushing the tank and then I open the valve. I think I've read somewhere on the forum about a reverse flow valve malfunctioning but I have no idea where that valve is located. I understand that the cause of the water might be because I sani-flush with the outside valve closed for a period if time although why it would leak I don't know. Any help or advice on the possible source of the leak would be appreciated.

moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
It sounds like a shower leak to me, I think I would leave the panel off, turn the shower on and then take a look-see to see what is going on. Every place you are describing is adjacent to the shower. If it is indeed the back flow preventer (not sure of the proper name??), I too would appreciate learning where it is on this model as I have no clue. I also flush with the valves closed and like you I cannot fathom how that would affect anything. One place to check is whether or not shower spray is going behind the shower surround, I cannot remember if it is caulked around the top of not?? All of this is assuming that at no time have you overflowed the gray tank since it would back up through the shower and or any weak areas in the drain system. You can also turn on the Sani-flush and observe the same area as well. Keep us informed, I very possibly may have a similar problem at some time.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
After some serious contemplation about where the water was found, I am cautiously optimistic that I've tracked the problem to the shower taps. I dried up the water I found under the shower base and then while my wife was showering I watched through the access hole in the base. Water was following the exterior wall line and was pooling in the corner under the shower base (which is the low side based on my set-up). I then saw water dripping under the base immediately south of the taps. I imagine that the flow into the hollow wall is substantially more that drips. I'll remove the taps and check the connections and if I can't remedy the problem I guess it's pack up and head to the nearest dealer for service. #/*&@!^% and so forth!
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Please keep us posted....
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #5
av2pilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6348
Send a message via AIM to av2pilot
I had a leak around the shower in my 3400 that I had a devil tracking down....turns out my shower is made up of a "tub" bottom and then the plastic walls around it. I assume there is a "lip" around the bottom of the tub part and if I wasn't exactly level there would be water gathering in the corner of the shower (on top where you can set things) and overflowing the lip by going under the shower walls. I sealed all alond the bottom with silicone and no more leaks....
av2pilot is offline   Reply With Quote