Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2010, 07:45 AM   #1
DnDatGrdJct
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7686
Bulbs- backup & stop/turn

I know this can not be as complicated as I am making it but need help.

I have no LEFT backup or stop/turn lights working. Removed the red lens and found the backup bulb all discolored but the stop/turn looks OK. Wanted to get the bulbs out so I could get the numbers but am lost as to how. I thought, like most, they would just twist out but that does not work. When I try they just loosen and get pushed inside the metal holder. They all have a white (looks like rubber sealer around them). Are these special bulbs? What do I get to replace them? Do you have to remove the metal holder to get at the bulbs when they push through?

It may be that the stop/turn is not grounding but not sure how to get to receptical to check.

Ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean

DnDatGrdJct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
The discolored bulb indicates a burned out filament. The white sealant could be corrosion. Try gently pushing inward,and at the same time twisting to the left . Be careful, if the bulb is cracked, it'll be a nasty cut. Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
Sounds like they have corrosion on them, maybe getting water inside lens. If you do twist the bulb out of the bulb base,just kill the power and use a pair of needle nose pliers to remove the base. They should just twist and pull just like a car bulb.clean up the socket and use some die-electric grease on the new bulb bases to keep them clean.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote