Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Toilet Holding Water Again

My toilet starting losing water for good. I have been using the "Slam" method for some time now. I called Dometic and they sent me, under three year warranty, new seals. Easy replacement, however messy, and VOILA toilet is holding water again........

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Phil, I am curious about these problems. I was having the same issue with the valve not closing except when using the slam method. When I took mine all apart I found what was causing MY problem. With the unit disassembled I took the "O" rings off the black shaft that operates the valve. I put the shaft back into the hole and it was very tight and would not rotate without binding, this was without the "O" rings even. The only thing that was preventing mine from working was the shaft was too tight for the hole. When I turned the shaft down to work smoothly in the hole it looked like the problem was solved. Upon reassembly and lubricating it with good old vaseline it works better than new. Yes it is sorta messy but not that bad. I am glad you got yours repaired and I am sure the dw is too.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote