Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Slides????

Guys since we are going to be in goshen I have thinking about things I would like the factory to look at. Problem is I dont have much that I can think of. wait!!!! YEA thats a good thing. But my LR and DR slide does make a heavy trail in my carpet do they ajust them there or is it something I am going to have to do. just wondering as I try to make a list. thanks
bobby

scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #2
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Hey tin bender (in a nice way)I had that same problem. Dont know if that can be adjusted out. I purchased one of those flexible office chair mats and cut it into 8 or 10inch wide strips and put them down at the corners of the slides before closing them, seems to take care of problem. Just an option.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:03 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There is a adjsutmet.. the slides belong to Lippert and they will be at the fairgrounds helping us out and installig goodies. Find one of the lippert tech's at the rally and they will help you out.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:21 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bobby, they may be able to be adusted as noted above. However, we found that even after adjustment the wheels on the slides left marks, sometimes grease, on the carpet. We ended up buying Slide Slickers from Lippert at one of the rallies. These are put down for those wheels to roll on instead of rolling on the carpet. They're a bit of a pain but Vicki's become very good at using them. They're not cheap. If I recall, they were around $35 per pair, which means $35 per slide. We only use them on the two slides going over the carpet (Living Room slide and Entertainment slide). The bedroom slide goes over carpet but those wheels don't get greasy/dirty. If I were doing it again I think I'd try Ole Dude's solution. The slide sliders have a lip that fits over the edge of the slide opening to keep them in place when the slide is moving. If the office mat's bottom holds well enough then that would be the way to go.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:55 PM   #5
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
The mat I used had little- er- ah- tits on the bottom to hold it in place. No offence ment to enyone.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
The Lippert Manual has a good explanation of adjusting the slides.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Thanks guys I seen the ajustments on here I guess I am just to lazy to try. I will think about it till I get to the rally and might try the runners. I hate to mess with something that is working right.
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote