Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2005, 07:21 AM   #1
Snowbirds
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2082
Furnace Problem '05 2955

We're having a problem with the furnace in our 2955 that we bought 4 months ago. It has the dreaded remote operating system. The AC works great but the furnace refuses to run. The tanks are full of propane, the stove works so I know I'm getting gas, the fuze is good. I've done the thermostat override, disconected the battery to reset the system. We called Keystone, they told me to disconnect the battery, that didn't work. Anyone else had this problem---any suggestions other than telling Keystone what they can do with this remote!!! Thanks

Snowbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 01:01 PM   #2
Theadamsfamily
Established Member

M.O.C. #1793
Snowbirds,

When I first went to use my furnace in the fall, I got no warm air. The furnace would come on but no heat. This was on a Saturday late afternoon and no technicians were at the dealer when I called. They gave me the Keystone number but no luck there either. After about an hour of problem solving, I crawled up under the 5er and to my surprise, the pipe from the gas supply was was capped at the junction with the furnace. I'm not sure if keystone does this on purpose or if it was just an oversight. Whatever the case, when I connected the two pipes, all was well. Unfortunately, it sounds like yours is not coming on at all.
Theadamsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 02:12 AM   #3
nkwist
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #821
My furnace has failed twice in the last (cold) month. The first time it was a loose connection. Wire nuts in place of the "quicky" connections solved that. The second time it was the board. My tech replaced it with the Dinosaur board. Works great (now that won't need it for a while .
nkwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 05:20 AM   #4
jerryb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #137
I suspect my board may be going south, the furnace tries to start but sometimes will not light, the fans will run for a minute or two but when the furnace does not light it shuts down. I paid a tech in Tuson $160. to repair it but it still sometimes will not light. The tech found a "bad ground" and put in a new ground wire which made it better. Besides the board, there is a sail switch which is a micro switch on the blower, so if the blowers don't run the furnace will not light, and the limit switch that shuts off the burner when it gets too hot. There are two fans, one small one like a hair dryer for the exhaust and the main blower that forces the warm air through the registers. The furnace shuts down when the batteries drop to 11.2 volts, I used to notice my blower slowing down before shutting down but it seems to shut down now before I can notice a differance in speed, I then plug in to the truck or 110 and it usually restarts.
Jerryb, 2003 3280
jerryb is offline   Reply With Quote