Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2004, 02:44 PM   #1
Dogman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #182
Which wire goes where????

I know I saw some posts regarding replacing the duotherm thermostat. Most of them I thought mentioned using a Hunter thermostat as a replacement. I got a Hunter from Home Depot ($ 20) with has only 5 terminals compared with the duotherm which is a 6 wire. I tried to connect the wires following the instructions but with no luck. Has anyone replaced the duotherm with the Hunter and if so how did you wire it? The Hunter I got is the Model 40035A. Its for heating/cooling millivolt systems.
Thanks.

Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 03:09 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
This link should give you what you want. See step 3. These instructions also show you which color wire to which color.
http://www.geocities.com/fulltimedre...m_upgrade.html

We made the same change you are making (definitely worthwhile). The "extra" wire is because you have one lead for high speed fan and one for low speed. The new thermostat only uses one wire so you have to choose between high and low speed. Or you can add a separate switch between the two wires, feeding one wire out to the thermostat connection (some have done that). I just left ours set at high speed, which is fine with us. Plus, duotherm air conditioners tend to ice up when on low fan in high humidity situations but not on high speed fan.

If this link is not what you're looking for, please post back.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 03:23 PM   #3
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
The Hunter we installed is Model # 24999B. We got it at Wally world and it could be the same as yours as manufactures change model numbers for different vendors for some reasons. It went in with out a hitch. Treecounter
Treecounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 02:52 PM   #4
Dogman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #182
Thanks for the help. I copied the info from the link. Will give it a try tomorrow.
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote