Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2004, 02:26 AM   #1
Montana_1925
Established Member

M.O.C. #1925
Delivery fees from Keystone

Ordered a bathroom door from our local RV dealer for our 3280. We were told delivery would be a few days, and cost $40 for the door and maybe $20 for delivery (from Goshen to St.Louis). Delivery actually took 3 weeks, that's okay. Went to pick up the door yesterday and the price was $246.00. We were sure something was wrong and the RV clerk was upset also. Turns out the company packed the door in a specially made crate. The crate was made out of 2 x 4's and weighed a ton, Keystone charged us $50 for the crate. The door was shipped by Freightliner thus the shipping charge was $153.09, the total cost $246.00. The bathroom door is about 71" x 24" and weighs about 20 lbs. We had ordered this door using our credit card and it was a special order, so we had no recourse with the RV dealer. To say we are upset is putting it mildly. Today I will find out the names of some of the Keystone executives and I plan on sending them a letter about their shipping practices. I'm very disappointed with them right now. We have had so many problems with our used Montana, this bathroom door issue is just making it worse. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I think we need some encouragement that this Montana is not a big lemon and that in the end all will be well.

Montana_1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 03:16 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
The phone number for Owner Relations is 866-425-4369

Your Montana is not a big lemon and in the end all will be well.

Keep us posted on the results.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:05 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We have had big items delivered from Keystone for free. Our dealer just gets them to put the items in one of the trailers being delivered to their dealership. This included bathroom doors. May have to wait a bit longer, but it is certainly cheaper!
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 06:49 AM   #4
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
Protest the charge to your Credit Card Company. They may be able to help.
Dennis and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 08:11 AM   #5
Montana_1925
Established Member

M.O.C. #1925
Thanks everyone for the encouragement and suggestions. I have typed a letter to Jeff Ranks, VP at Montana, and will post it later today. When I hear from him, I will let you all know the response. Learned a big lesson here today. My brother lives in Goshen and could have brought this door down the next time he comes at Thanksgiving. Oh well.......
Montana_1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 06:41 PM   #6
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Take my word for it--life will get better with your Montana. Happyrving......
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 01:27 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Red, thanks for posting about this problem. Is this the door to the toilet room or is it the glass door for the shower? Just wondering.

None of us can probably say you didn't get a lemon. I don't think there's a mfr around that doesn't occasionally have a problem child. But Montana as a whole is a very good brand with a lot of very happy customers. Witness Montana being the number one seller in North America for three years in a row and looking the same for this year.

I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction. Please post back either way.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote