Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Just Escaped from Camp Keystone

Well Keystone finished up our repairs yesterday and they look great. They repaired all the tire damage and since they no longer put the fenders that have "Mor-Ryde" embossed on them they replaced my missing one with the new mountain embossed ones and replaced the other on also, so they both match. They also replaced the skull scraping dining room light fixture with a nice domed one like the desk and couch lamps. They also replaced a broken outlet and replaced the couch drawer slides. Darrell did a great job of keeping us in the loop and ordered us a new coffee table after the crew closed the slides with ours sitting in the middle of the floor and broke the frame of ours. They repaired the one we have to use till the new one arrives. An outstanding job all the way around by the service center. Thank You Keystone!!!... Dave and Betsy

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Dave glad to hear everything is good. I enjoyed meeting you and H.John Yall be safe traveling. I really loved your tee shirts. "LOL"
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Yep no camp can keep Dave forever. Glad Camp Keystone did their usual excellent job.
Bobby, great to meet you too.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Dave, what kind of replacements for your couch drawer slides did Keystone put in for you? After our drawer slides pulled out of the sides of that pressed wood under the sofa and bent on one side, they were replaced with the same lightweight kind (but replaced crookedly, about an inch lower then the one on the other side and a good inch too far to the front of the sofa). I think I'm going to try my hand at replacing those things myself so that I can get the drawer level and pushed in to its proper place. If regular heavy-duty slides/tracks work, that's what I'll get at Home Depot or Lowe's.
Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We will be at Camp Keystone Monday afternoon for repair of a slight case of frame flex. They will be re-enforcing the cap area.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Carolyn, they seem to be a bit heavier slides, they also said that the factory rep for the couches did the repair and found a bolt or two on the couch that were loose causing the bottom of the sides to bow out farther than the tops of the sides. That situation caused the glides to pull outward as well as support the drawer. I asked if they would replace the drawer with the big black plastic tub type drawer they are installing in the new couches, the answer was no. The last time I fixed the drawer (when the bottom fell out) I had a fit trying to re-install the drawer on the glides. They were farther apart than when I removed the drawer. I had to put a large cinch strap around the bottom of the couch and ratchet it tight to pull the bottom ends of the couch back together and I believe that was the problem they fixed this time. I am not going to worry about a lot though. As soon as we locate a Lazy Boy showroom we will watch for a sale and get a zero clearance love seat recliner to replace the couch which will give us more room around the dining room table and two more recliners... Dave
Old 10-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I replaced the slides myself. Too far from service for dealer or Keystone to do it. I went to a furniture repair shop and talked to their head dude. He put me on to more heavy duty slide mechanisms. It was not too tough to do. Works much better now. The OEMs on mine absolutely fell apart and I had bearings rolling around everywhere.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #8
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Stiles, you have the same rig I have. I was hoping for the new plastic tub drawer but that is ok I will wait for the new recliners...
Old 10-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #9
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
That's what we had, Stiles, lots of ball bearings rolling around first, and then the slide on one side pulled out of the side of the sofa, pulling away some particle board with it. I'm not crazy about attempting the fix myself, but we're a long way from our dealer. We will be over there on Tuesday for winterizing, but they are booked solid that day and I doubt that I'd be able to extend the appointment to include fixing the drawer.
Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dave and Betsy, I really enjoyed finally meeting you two at the rally. We pulled into Camp Keystone today for our Monday appt. Tootucky is here, too, although we had only a brief opportunity to say 'hi' before they had to get to where they planned to be. They have a Monday appt, too. Vicki and I are bushed and are using this weekend to recuperate. We're not used to the go-go-go of the past two weeks and are dead tired.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #11
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Steve the pleasure was ours, we had never met a REAL Wizard before. We too are dragging our butts around and hoping we can just sit and veg tomorrow. Last year was the same way but we got there a week early. Next year we will be there for about 2.5 to three weeks as we plan on doing the Escapees rally first then sitting around for the MOC Rally. We will need the 5 days between the two to rest from the first so it looks like a busy year. We had hoped to make the spring rally in Texas but my daughter turns 21 the 16th so we may not make it down there. I will have to discuss it with my daughter and see how she feels. Drive safe on the rest of your trip and I hope they fix all your goodies... Dave and Betsy
Old 10-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #12
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Dave & Betsy,
Glad to hear that all the damage was repaired. It was great to spend time with the both of you and we hope your travels to Key West are uneventful. See you in the Spring if not before.
Jim & Vickie
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #13
Ruth
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8424
Glad you are all fixed up! We enjoyed having you as "near" neighbors! Have you heard about Key West? Let us know as we'd drive down and have a chat with you. Love to both of you!
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote