Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2008, 03:59 AM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly - again

Well,
We have been stagnant in the stick house for some time now and Hanna has been in the Montana Hospital at Holiday World, S. Houston. New toilet, when washing Hanna, water puddles on desk area (Maybe weep hole), and some other anoyingly small but repairable items, like leak in air mattress.

Well, I had visited her about a week ago to get some furry friends toys and items out and there was no electricity, 110 or 12v. The service manager said they would plug it in. They didn't get around to it, and two days ago they called to let me know the air matress was in. I decided to stop by and check on things.

Still on electricity. My good PDI Technician said he would take care of it as he was going to install the air mattress. He pulled Hanna over to a repair bay and opened my service side basement door. I saw a cement block and a piece of 4x4 lumber that was not mine. I don't carry cement blocks. He pulled my 50 amp cable out and hooked it up.

I started walking around. Hey! That cable is not mine. (Had some gray paint on it. On further examination it showed cracking around the trailer connector. They said they would replace it. I will check very closely.

AND, I'm walking around and on the right corner front cap area I notice a scratch. Small, about 1 1/2 inches by about 1/2 inch. Scratch! No! A little more than that. It had penetrated the fiberglass. Something had bumped it pretty hard. Well of course I pointed it out, they called the service manager, and he very nicely asked if they could keep it two more days. Well, what could I say but yes. (Apparently one of the porters got a little to close with the fork lift used for moving. That is the only thing we can assume)

Other than the unexpected accident, and someone making off with my good cable, I have been very satisfied with the quality of work done at Holiday World, S. Houston (One on I-45S not the one at I10W of Houston). I visited one day when "my technician," was repairing a slide on a Class C. The entire slide, inside had to be rebuilt. I don't have all the details on that, but he was putting the trim back on and everything looked perfect.

Sometimes we wonder where to take our product for repairs. I'm lucky that I only live about 10 miles from the Dealer. I do recommend HW South for repairs. I do hope all this economic crap that is going on does not shut down my and your favorite repair service.

All my repairs are under warranty, except I upgraded my toile to accomodate my big butt!

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Everything is fixed.
DW is thrilled.
On the road soon.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:33 PM   #3
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Wayne:
I thought you were about to say that you were looking at the wrong 'tana'. Glad that everything is fixed now.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Wish I had been. Hey! Got a new 50 amp cable out of the deal. (Hope it works!!!)