Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2017, 09:30 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Smile Leaf springs

Well it happened to me on the way home from Camping World, which is good, close the storage lot. I tried to order springs from Mike Thompson Parts and Keystone was no help at all first they wanted the axil number looked all over for the so called TAG. I have never seen a tag as long as I've owned that RV ( Brand new ) so I gave up and took it to my standby RV Repair Delux Trailer. they did the job for a really good price all 4 leafs 536.00 along with new shackle bolts with a zerch fittings. he measured the old springs and told me that the original springs were not the right load rating for that weight axil. it was to be a 5 leaf and not a 4 leaf that was OEM I'm glad that all the under carriage is done now it rode very smooth compared to the original springs.
I would post pictures but with all the changes to this forum, and all the How to projects I posted in the past are gone along with all the other members projects. you will just have to read it.
going to another trip so my Monty is safe now.
Don AKA Trailer Trash 2

Old 09-06-2017, 10:21 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Hey Don, I guess I don't understand. All of your previous posts are still here, nothing was lost in the conversion AFAIK.

Don's Posts

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:22 PM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
lost

this new system I'm completely lost I cant find any of my earlier post photobucket is banished, I used to be able to tag my name and all me current post would show but not this new set up .... frustrated. don
Old 09-07-2017, 01:08 PM   #4
Lenny K
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14417
If you click on your name "Trailer Trash 2" a menu comes up and one of them is "Find more Posts by Trailer Trash 2". You have 20 pages of posts going back to 2012.
Hope that helps.

Lenny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:51 PM   #5
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Thanks ill try that
Trailer Trash 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:26 PM   #6
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Lenny K gave you a good way to find all of your posts, That is what I did in post #2 but I linked to the resultant list and it disappeared after I logged off.

Another option is to click on the "Search" function and select the "Advanced" option from the drop down. This allows you to search on a number of criteria. One that would help you is to search by "User Name" and a date range. That way you can reduce the list to a more manageable list. And of course you can also Search on the keywords you used originally to isolate a specific posting. Here is a screen shot of the "Advanced" search page showing the setup to search on your User Name.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MOC - Search Page.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	558

Old 09-07-2017, 11:17 PM   #7
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
well I tried and found nothins saying more post by TT2

Trailer Trash 2's Profile
Welcome, Trailer Trash 2.
You last visited: Yesterday at 02:51 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

ok I found it its the TT2 next to my picture
now I have to learn how to post a picture all over again seing MOC don't allow photobucket.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #8
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Trash 2 View Post
<snip>
..now I have to learn how to post a picture all over again seing MOC don't allow photobucket.
</snip>
The MOC isn't disallowing using Photobucket. The problem is that Photobucket doesn't allow your picture to be used on any forum unless you pay them. If you can get them to provide a URL link to your photos so it can be used on the MOC, then do it. Read this posting for more information.
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=71398

Old 09-08-2017, 02:57 PM   #9
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I do pay Photobucket a yearly fee but what is a url link.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:15 PM   #10
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
A URL is the web address of something. In this case, it may be picture you stored on PhotoBucket. For example, the uploaded photo can be used on a 3rd party forum by linking to an address something like "http;//s1250.photobucket.com". For the MOC, one enclosed the URL in an [img] [/img] package and wound up looking like;
[img]
http;//s1250.photobucket.com[/img]

Photobucket actually changed the format of their provided URL some time ago. They were supplying a HTML format (a more sophisticated technique not supported by the old software) rather than the traditional [img] format. This cause significant issues here as the unsupported HTML confused the old software.

While you may be paying PhotoBucket to enable use of your photos on a 3rd party site (aka the MOC), most have refused to pay the $399 per year PhotoBucket is charging for the privilege.

Old 09-09-2017, 02:01 PM   #11
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
nope I'm not paying those kind of dollars $399.00 and never would I think I was paying for more web storage. so the big question is why do I pay a company money for storage if I cant share my photos? that will stop shortly. all I have to do is figure out how to save all the pictures that I have on Photobucket and terminate my membership. any suggestions Carl?
also can you direct me to the area where I can learn how to post pictures on the MOC
Old 09-09-2017, 07:18 PM   #12
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Hey Trailer Trash 2 remember me? Well we traded our 2980 for a new unit but when we still owned it and we were down in Texas one winter, we had to have an axle replaced and the axles under the unit were both 6000# axles. We couldn't get the 6000# one anymore so we replaced it with a 7000# one. Don't know if that will help you any but that was what happened for us! Good luck and take care my friend!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:43 PM   #13
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
We had a broken leaf spring early this year, and just took the broken spring into a local Red Neck Trailer supply store. They measured it, had the spring, and I also purchased a couple bronze bushings to replace the plastic ones that the spring came with. I think the total cost was about $40.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:30 PM   #14
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Trash 2 View Post
<snip>
....all I have to do is figure out how to save all the pictures that I have on Photobucket and terminate my membership. any suggestions Carl?
</snip>
I am *NOT* a PhotoBucket user so I don't know a lot about it. But other RV forums have had many discussions about the recent change and how to download all your photos stored there.

Here are some instructions I found on another site.

Comment #1
I've downloaded all my photos from Photobucket and it wasn't that big of a deal. On the Library page, lower right corner, there should be a menu there that includes "Download Album". Click on that and download your albums. That's what I did.

Comment #2
Goto 'my bucket' ,,'your bucket'
Pick a folder and choose download

Then walk away and leave it alone

Photo bucket will take it's sweet time putting all those pictures into one zipped aka compressed file, which will display a message ready for download
Down load that file then move on to the next folder and repeat
If you have only the bucket and a whole lot of pictures
It could be an hour maybe more, before it is zipped and ready to download

Quote:
<snip>
...also can you direct me to the area where I can learn how to post pictures on the MOC....
</snip>
Here are instructions and references I have used to explain how to post pictures on the MOC.

Posting pictures with the new forum software is really easy. You now longer have to use a third party hosting site. You can directly upload a picture from your computer. How do I do this you ask?

If you are posting from a computer, just click "go advanced" at the bottom of the reply box and on the next screen you will see two options to add images.

1. Click on the paperclip icon and follow the prompts or
2. scroll down a bit and click on manage attachments.

In either case you will be prompted to select images that are stored on your computer and they should load with your post.

There is a Help post which has lots of useful information about the forum capabilities (including this picture loading tip). Check it out
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=71061 .

Other useful explanations are is in the following thread, specifically posts #8 and # 25 (on page 2)
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=70323

Old 09-10-2017, 09:46 PM   #15
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
thanks Carl I guess I will give it a try. Ill get them and then try to put a picture on the moc BUT after I download the ones from PB