Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2016, 01:43 PM   #1
BillintheUP

M.O.C. #18712
Water leaking underneath

Hello Folks, Bill in the UP here. My first post. I have a new to me 2011 Mountaineer Toy Hauler 5th wheel. Today I found water coming out of a tube just behind the rear axle on the drivers side. The water has been dripping (fast double drip, not a stream) all day. I talked to the local dealer and they walked me through a number of "tries" but couldn't tell me what the problem was. They said they will call Keystone on Monday an see if they can find what the cause could be. Can you please help? I have only had this unit since April and I'm brand new to owning an RV.

Thank you.

BillintheUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
Is the tube white/red/blue? The white/clean water tank may be located there and this could be the drain. Have you filled the white water tank for washing dishes, showers, etc..... Check to see if there is a valve or if the end of the tube has a threaded fitting. If there is a valve, open and close, if there is a fitting with threads, locate a cap to screw on the threads.
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:05 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
It could also be an overflow tube for the fresh water tank and if the fill valve in the convenience center isn't completely closed water could still be going to the tank and coming out the relief tube.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:06 PM   #4
Sniperduce
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10075
If you have the 347THT that could be the galley tank drain valve. Its behind the drivers side rear RV wheel on ours.
Sniperduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:14 PM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Is the tube hanging down? Small tube, 3/4" or so diameter? I have an older model Montana but that is where my fresh water tank drain is.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 03:33 PM   #6
BillintheUP

M.O.C. #18712
Thank you Dick and Joyce and "bw2" The tube seems to be very flimsy, not like Pex or hard plastic. And it is split, like its broken. I didn't notice a color. My control center lights show the fresh water tank full. However, I didn't fill it unless I put the hose on the wrong fitting thinking I was flushing the black water tank (did I mention that I am new to all this?). On the phone today the tech from the local dealer had me turn off the city water and try turning on the water pump. No water came from the kitchen faucet so I shut off the pump. Possibly I have a bad pump or there isn't really water in the fresh water tank. This doesn't make sense if the tube leaking is an overflow for the fresh water tank. I just checked ad it is still dripping at the same speed.
Old 06-18-2016, 03:38 PM   #7
BillintheUP

M.O.C. #18712
Sniperduce, thank you for that. The tech mentioned a galley tank. Asking about a galley tank is one of the things the tech was going to ask Keystone on Monday. I am not sure its relevant, but I my kitchen sink has filled up and drained really slow a few times. I have checked all the pipes on the sink side of the trap and they are all spotless. Both sink basins will fill up if I let the water run and they will take a very long time to drain.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:43 PM   #8
BillintheUP

M.O.C. #18712
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Sniperduce

If you have the 347THT that could be the galley tank drain valve. Its behind the drivers side rear RV wheel on ours.
Problem solved, thank you. I found the galley tank valve this morning. Located a picture online showing where the valve is located. I suspect the slow kitchen drain will be solved now too. I don't know how to post pictures but I could email it if anyone else bumps into the same problem.