Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2004, 06:40 AM   #1
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
Southern Cal. Campgrounds

I may have an opportunity for a job just out of Ontario, CA. I would like a nice spot to park our Montana for a year or three. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Also, what should I expect to pay for a monthly rate.

Thanks all. Dennis and Carol

Dennis and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 05:33 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Check out East Shores RV Park in San Dimas. It is on a lake (Puddingstone Dam) and really beautiful. We stayed there a lot while I worked in LA and Orange counties. It is just up the I-10 a little ways from Ontario. I can't remember what the monthly rate is but I think between 500-600 per month. There is also a KOA right at the bottom of the hill and while nice not as nice. Both are also near the LA Fairgrounds where one of the biggest RV shows in the country is held every Sept-Oct. The area is right off several major freeways and there are plenty of shopping areas, recreation, etc. You can fish at Puddingstone and also wave runners. Hemet, where our stick home is, is only about 50 miles from Ontario so we know the area very well. Ed lived in Ontario for many years (before me).
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 04:23 AM   #3
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
Thanks for the reply, will sure check it out. First things first as I have a phone interview with them this morning. I am more than a litte nervous as I have really only had 3 employers in the past 40 years. Not a lot of experience doing interviews. It is the ideal job, with the ideal company in an area I think we would like. I am really dreading the thought of another winter here in the Northwest. We spent 3 1/2 months this summer in our Montana touring the beautiful NW and got along fine. This may be our golden opportunity to be forced into fulltiming.

Again thanks for the reply. If we get to your area, maybe we can get together for a cup of coffee or a beer.

Dennis
Old 10-12-2004, 05:35 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Good luck, Dennis. Let us know how it goes.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:46 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Dennis,
Keep us posted and let us know if you are coming West. We will defintely get together for a beer (Ed) or a glass of wine (me). If that park doesn't work for you and you start searching, before you commit tell us where because we know some baaaad parks.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:31 PM   #6
Montana_2175

M.O.C. #2175
We are interetsted in this also as we are coming that way in spring to visit and sitesee. Thankyou for the information.
geo.
Montana_2175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 05:48 PM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
George and Darlene,
If you want to do the normal Southern California site seeing, this is a great location. You can get to Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm in about 1/2 hour. Beach in say 45 minutes. Hollywood and all that is not far away. At the end of the day after all the hustle and bustle, it is a nice quiet place to relax.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:44 AM   #8
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
Well guys, that job didn't work out. Was not has advertized. Just need to keep throwing those resumes against the wall, someday one will stick. The bright side is I am really getting used to the retired lifestyle, just haven't figured out how to maintain it.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:11 PM   #9
Montana_1520
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1520
Don't know about longterm stay but Lake Elsinore West Marina and RV resort is not a bad place. Nice lake scenery, boating, and water sports but very quiet in campsites. Sites are all nicely shaded, are big in size and easy to get into/out of. Fees are a little pricey but the campground is really nice.
#29 fans Chuck and Linda Clements
Posey, CA
04 3670RL Big Sky
04 Chevy 3500 CC Dually 4WD Duramax/Allison
Montana_1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:54 AM   #10
tweir
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #572
Our favorite "up north" is Lake Skinner just outside of Temecula. Great lake & very well kept RV park. Check with the County of Riverside & see if they are hiring part-time rangers/park workers---might get your space gratis.
tweir is offline   Reply With Quote