Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #41
BigAl52
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4977
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mlh

Now let me get this straight, We are doing to burn more diesel fuel to clean the environment. How does that work?
Lynwood
Careful here your pushing the issue with logic now! EPA does not work on logic. Pickups are now 60K we all know why. Paying for all the polution technology. Sure I am for cleaning up the enviroment but not at the wasteful rate we are doing it. Here in Colorado we now have emissions testing for all vehicles. 65.00 a year for a diesel test. Gotta have one to get a license plate. Wanna here the kicker. 96% of all the vehicles pass. The 4% that dont still pass after they spend no more than 300.00 to fix it. So how is this cleaning up my air?

BigAl52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:02 AM   #42
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Common Sense will tell you that with the emmisions laws in Cal. there would be no polution at all. But when you make this comment their responce will be, if we didn't have the strick EPA rules it would be worse... There are those who think the EPA is trying to kill the Diesel. Those same people will freak out when they go to the Store and there is nothing on the shelves. And its comming.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how burning more fuel is stoping polutions.. I believe that if EPA had people who know the Diesel power plants they would never have put those restricted devices on the Diesel.

Think what is happening to the Farmers and Ranchers. I was raised in the farming community and the cost of fertilizer, Diesel and equipment has went up 30% to 80% in the past two years. My father inlaw who has been farming for the better part of 70 years says we are in serious trouble. Food producers are leaving every years in droves.

High energy cost is the issue. And we all know that if we have no Oil America will fail to exist.. America runs on Oil, why waste millions of gallons every day due to systems that only waste fuel....
Happy Trails....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:10 AM   #43
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
The Washington state Department of Ecology announced last week that it's getting out of the emissions-testing business, reasoning that the program has done its job. They say the air quality has improved considerably since the program started, and the vehicles are much cleaner than they used to be. Per the report: The state Legislature, believe it or not, does not want to keep irritating people forever. They also added that the testing was never intended to go on indefinitely. Most peope of the state thought it was a waste of time and money. They test about 1 million vehicles each year in the state's five most populous counties at $15 a pop, sorry to hear that your going to have to pay $65.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #44
daneboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4854
When in Europe last summer we rented a Renault 4 cyl turbo diesel, most new cars in Europe are diesel. It was a great little car with plenty of zip and ampel room for four people. We got 50MPG on the hwy going at Autobahn speeds. I was told the US will not allow these clean diesel cars to be imported to the US, because of the EPA diesel regulations. This car had zero smoke and no oder. Yes the EPA has done much good over the years that have resulted in reduced emissions. My question is; have they gone overboard at this point? My 2 cents.
Jerry
daneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:18 AM   #45
Rancher Will
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11227
Why does anyone still believe, or at least write and say that the EPA has been of any real benefit for us?

I am a rancher and truck company owner and the EPA has done nothing but increase our costs, restricted our ability to manage efficiently, and reduced our ability to hire more employees to increase our profitability. It is not the government (EPA) that has developed improvements in our lives. It is the improvements by private individuals and companies in spite of EPA government restrictions and regulations.
Rancher Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #46
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Will, you are correct, when the people who support the EPA and keep saying their doing a great job. The bill will begin to come in and the future is bleak. TVA in Tennessee that generates Electricity has used Coal fired plants form the begining. Us Tenneseans have been told that the EPA has forced TVA to begin to close 22 plants that use coal to Generate Electricity 10 plants have close. This will cost our Electricity to go up and UP.

The Ranchers and Farmers are begining to get the bills because of the EPA on the equipment that is using more fuel higher cost for equipment etc, so all the Tree huggers don't complain when the Grocery stores raise prices, because the Ranchers and Farmers that do stay in business will pass on the cost.. Fertlizer has triple in price and the chemicals that have to be used now has more than doubled. If you have nothing to eat, air doesn't mean nothing. The wrong people are running the EPA. "NO COMMON SENSE".

The fact is they are trying to kill the Diesel engine, and as said above Europe is and has always pushed the Diesel engine.

Get ready for rolling black outs..... Its comming...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #47
Montana_9856
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9856
The OPs original question re adding additive to new Ford diesels has been answered. The discussion has now diverted into a political one. Goodbye!
Montana_9856 is offline   Reply With Quote