Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2016, 04:16 PM   #21
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Might be good to read some of the things on this site. I have yet to start using their product, but as soon as I run out of the tank treatment I am currently using, I am going to switch to the TankTechsRx treatment. http://tanktechsrx.com/

rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 03:04 AM   #22
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
what the tanktechs video said makes sense, but I'm not a biologist or chemist. Anyone know if there is a third party who could verify what tanktechs says?
jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 03:04 AM   #23
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
CW sells a device similar to a snake that attaches to a hose, long and flexible, with a metal spinning device at the end. Works Miracles.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 03:15 AM   #24
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HOOK

CW sells a device similar to a snake that attaches to a hose, long and flexible, with a metal spinning device at the end. Works Miracles.
I'm more interested in the probiotic tank treatment. Seems it would help eliminate problems just by letting it set in the tank during storage.
jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 03:52 AM   #25
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
OK one more update;I borrowed a flexible sprayer and cleaned the tank from the inside using the borrowed sprayer and the built in flush system. I thought that the built in flush system would have kept that tank clean by the method I used when dumping the tank. I have always kept the black tank closed off when using it. When ever I would dump the tank I would let it drain, flush it out, fill with water and dump again several times. That is the reason that I did not suspect a build up but it proved me wrong. The build up of waste was more than likely the dreaded pyramid that was mentioned. I would dump the tank and think everything was clear when in reality it was blocking the area going into the top of the tank . This made me believe that it was filling up and getting water from some other source. With the trial and error and checks that were done, I believe now the problem is solved . The gurgling seems to have stopped when trying to flush and it appears that there is no blockage anymore . Thanks to the MOC knowledge base for all of the suggestions .

Now it's off to Wally World and see if they have one of the magic wands I borrowed.
Bill-N-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:12 AM   #26
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HOOK

This is what I used to clean the tank this morning. Wall-mart should carry it. I was told this is where it came from. I got a lot of broken up waste while I was using it. Had it going for about half hour to hour cleaning it out. Thought it was clear then I would see more chunks of waste & TP. Little by little it cleaned out a lot.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:21 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That was a interesting and educational problem. We always use a lot of water and because of our fear on bursting another tank dump often and I mean every two or three days.We use the built is flush system and the flex flush tube. We do not use additives except for odor control when needed.We have not had the "build up issue" on either of out Montana's and believe me I have looked into enough failed black tanks to verify that .
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:39 AM   #28
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rohrmann

Might be good to read some of the things on this site. I have yet to start using their product, but as soon as I run out of the tank treatment I am currently using, I am going to switch to the TankTechsRx treatment. http://tanktechsrx.com/
Two years ago, I had a faulty black tank valve while in Phoenix. The mobile RV guy recommended I get some of this product to clean the tank before removing the valve. Apparently it is made in Phoenix and a local RV shop had it in stock. I was only able to let it do its thing for a couple of days, before changing the valve, but it did work well.

I continued to use the product and when I got home, I added a dose, filled the tank 3/4's full and let it sit for the three months we were home. I dumped before we left on our next trip and all you could see was a stream of brown liquid. No chunks and no white flags. A subsequent flush was perfectly clear.

I am now using a similar product - Unique. It is another probiotic, slightly less expensive and easier to find (without high shipping costs). It is even available on Amazon and Prime eligible. Unique @ Amazon

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:59 AM   #29
Razrbk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17829
I've been using TankTech RX for about a year (since I bought my new 3100rl). It has worked great - no smells, tanks dump easily and my sensors still work. Very happy with it.
Razrbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:36 AM   #30
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
One problem I had resently was my tank flusher really wasn't do its job. Never had a back up but just didn't seem to be work good. So I dropped the underside of the trailer and removed the flusher/sprayer. All but about one or two holes were plugged. A drill made short work of it and it is back to working properly. Some thing to watch and check if something isn't working right.
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:15 AM   #31
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mtheo

One problem I had resently was my tank flusher really wasn't do its job. Never had a back up but just didn't seem to be work good. So I dropped the underside of the trailer and removed the flusher/sprayer. All but about one or two holes were plugged. A drill made short work of it and it is back to working properly. Some thing to watch and check if something isn't working right.
How difficult was that to remove?
Did it require dropping the tank?
Old 07-19-2016, 09:34 AM   #32
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
I've been using Digest it by Unique for years without issue.

[/quote]
I am now using a similar product - Unique. It is another probiotic, slightly less expensive and easier to find (without high shipping costs). It is even available on Amazon and Prime eligible. Unique @ Amazon [/quote]
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:10 PM   #33
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
It is an easy fix. Drop the bottom liner and the flusher is on the side of the tank. And held in with only three screws and maybe some sealant.
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote