Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2007, 02:32 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
A Million dollar smile

A portrait of courage
Running a business can be a daunting task, the personal commitment and long hours , the finances, taxes, customer relations, inventory, the list goes on and on. It is a wonder any succeed, and when it does, there is often a personal price to be paid.
Imagine how difficult it would be if one were sheltered in life, to the point of being held in seclusion into their adult life. Not getting out to shop, never writing a check, managing money, using a computer, or even knowing how much a $20.00 dollar bill would purchase. Having clothing supplied to you, as in the case that will unfold, three dresses a year. That’s it.
Against all odds, this person divorced the man who held her prisoner in this marriage, got help from her church to learn these basic things, so many of us for granted. She learned money management and the value of money, social interaction, and how to run a business. This all transpired in under 2 years. She takes inventory, orders stock and supplies, is computer literate and is raising a family.
The most amazing thing about her is the million dollar smile she has, the sweet person she is. Many would not bounce back from such a life she had led, let alone prosper.
The next time you are on The Island and Padre Boulevard, stop and say hi to Mary at the Bead shop, you will get a view of that Million dollar smile.

Mary Kumpe, being the person she is, did not stay single long, she is getting married soon. Mary has two daughters.
She has just expanded her business with classes on Beading and Jewelry making with Sue Osbern, a talented designer and very patient teacher. Sue has one of those smiles as well.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:14 AM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
A touching tribute to two wonderful ladies Ozz. My hat is off to you, sir.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:13 AM   #3
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Ozz, sometimes it's hard to tell weather you are telling a story, or speaking the truth when one first starts to read. But it always makes us continue to read. Agree with Lonnie, nice tribute to two wonderful ladies. Hope we get the chance to meet both when down there in Feb for a few days.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:39 AM   #4
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Ozz, from reading everything you post on this site I think both you and your lovely wife are indeed fortunate to have each other, live long and prosper. Above all keep that sense of humor.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:57 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Beautiful words, Jim. And I agree Sue has a great smile. You're a lucky guy, Jim, that Sue let's you stick around. (I know what it's like, I'm one of those lucky guys, too.)
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:54 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks, folks. I see a story in most everything I come across, it's amazing what interesting things we see every day, if we just take time to listen and observe.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:20 PM   #7
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Nice story about those ladies. Thanks for sharing with us.
People are amazing what they can accomplish when they believe in themselves.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote