Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2016, 06:35 AM   #21
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Yep having it mobile has helped me Many times to find a spot to get to the Southern Sky even putting it on the Roof sometimes to clear a tree
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

One of the primary reasons we got the portable dome was that we could move it so as not to be obstructed by trees.The ladder mount defeats that purpose.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:01 AM   #22
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Lock cable should reduce your worries.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:28 PM   #23
Jimmer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14208
I usually place my G2 Automatic Satellite on the kitchen slide. If we are going to be in one place for awhile I will run my long cable lock around the ladder just to be on the safe side. I carry a telescopic ladder that I purchased from Amazon for $80. Fits in the basement .
Jimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:03 PM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We used our Winegard G2 all over the country on our summer travel adventure in 2016 just set in on the ground or picnic table and had no problems.It I setting on the ground here in Florida for the winter.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #25
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
There is a product called TrackR, that can be appt to your phone. It is about the size of half dollar. Just put a dab of silicone and stick the TrackR to it. If it goes missing, just open your phone, locate where it is and go ask the guy for it back. They are about $27, but you can get multiples for cheaper. Wish I had it on my mountain bike before it went for a ride.
Wheelhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:15 AM   #26
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
We have always used the Trav'ler auto dish (DirecTV) on the roof. It is still the only mounted automatic one for DirecTV that will give you HD. Having a Dish account is a different story.

Since we have receivers at the house we never paid extra for anything in the RV. Just took one of the receivers with us. At first we would call DirecTV and have them change our service address while traveling so we could get local channels, but it was a PITA dealing with them so we just use our antenna for locals.

We are taking MH in next week for DirecTV Trav"ler roof mount install. CW had them on sale. They are a little pricey but what the heck. If we are willing to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a bus or a fancy trailer to travel in why not spend a few dollars for an automatic dish for HD?
JandC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:11 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandC View Post
We have always used the Trav'ler auto dish (DirecTV) on the roof. It is still the only mounted automatic one for DirecTV that will give you HD. Having a Dish account is a different story.

Since we have receivers at the house we never paid extra for anything in the RV. Just took one of the receivers with us. At first we would call DirecTV and have them change our service address while traveling so we could get local channels, but it was a PITA dealing with them so we just use our antenna for locals.

We are taking MH in next week for DirecTV Trav"ler roof mount install. CW had them on sale. They are a little pricey but what the heck. If we are willing to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a bus or a fancy trailer to travel in why not spend a few dollars for an automatic dish for HD?
we had considered that last summer but we are not going to be Rv'ing for that much longer and saw it in our case as a cost vs benefit issue. We went with a portable dish on sale at CW.It is easier than what like you we did before with a portable dish, tripod stand , etc. I should have done what you are doing when we purchased this big sky in 2012.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:07 AM   #28
warsw
Established Member

M.O.C. #13256
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK A View Post
Pretty sure my reception is HD. And I have a DISH Tailgater.

Mark
With the Dish Tailgater can I just take the hooper dish box I have in the house and put it in the trailer and attach the tailgater to it when we travel? Would I need anything else to make it work?
warsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:15 AM   #29
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by warsw View Post
With the Dish Tailgater can I just take the hooper dish box I have in the house and put it in the trailer and attach the tailgater to it when we travel? Would I need anything else to make it work?

I don't know if the Tailgater will run your Hopper or not, I'm sure that DISH could tell you, or just try it and see.

Mark
Old 05-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #30
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Here's a chart on what Dish receiver will work with what portable Satellite.
http://www.winegard.com/dishnetwork/...ellite-systems
I don't think a Tailgater will work with a Hopper. You'll need a 211Z or similar.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:58 PM   #31
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Hopper will NOT work with Tailgater. I have the Hopper3 and use a tripod mounted Dish 1000.2 dish with a Hybrid EA LNB. Easy and cheap.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:44 PM   #32
warsw
Established Member

M.O.C. #13256
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeFulltime View Post
Hopper will NOT work with Tailgater. I have the Hopper3 and use a tripod mounted Dish 1000.2 dish with a Hybrid EA LNB. Easy and cheap.
Thanks all. I ended up just using my dish antenna on a tripod for now. It will work until we get out next 5th wheel and get a permanently mounted antenna. I'm kind of thinking the Winegard Trav'ler will be the way to go.
warsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 02:56 PM   #33
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
I have the Hopper and use the Traveler dish. The hopper will not work with the G-2.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote