Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
Help with ProCom heater

After hearing how much those of you that have ProCom heater like them, I bought one, want to be ready for Quartzite, A ProCom Blue Flame. MD100. 10,000 btu's.
The problem I'm having is that the flame isn't all blue, but has yellow in the middle of the flame. I sure when I saw others they burned pure blue. I do want mine to burn as clean as possible.
I call Tec support and was advise they must be run on a 100 gallon tank??
Anybody know a fix, and what is the difference from the one of yours I saw in I quartzite.
I have tried to different regulator to see if that made any difference , both on a 7 gallon tank.

mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mtheo

After hearing how much those of you that have ProCom heaters like them, I bought one, want to be ready for Quartzite, A ProCom Blue Flame. MD100. 10,000 btu's.
The problem I'm having is that the flame isn't all blue, but has yellow in the middle of the flame. I sure when I saw others they burned pure blue. I do want mine to burn as clean as possible.
I call Tec support and was advise they must be run on a 100 gallon tank??
Anybody know a fix, and what is the difference from the one of yours I saw in I quartzite.
I have tried to different regulator to see if that made any difference , both on a 7 gallon tank.
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Mark,
That's the model we have. Used it every day last week, only blue flame, 7 gal bottles. Sounds like a bad unit.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
We are running our Pro-Com off a separate 100lb tank with a regulator at the tank. Ours will get a yellow line at the bottom of the pure blue flame when we are running close to empty on propane. We only ran one time off the Monty tanks and the flame had more yellow in it than when run from the 100lb tank. Sometimes ours will get yellow streaks when it is cold outside and the front door is opened fast to let oxygen in quickly. A few yellow streaks is no big deal.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote