Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > Camping Clubs within MOC
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-22-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
mtlakejim
Montana Master
 
mtlakejim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bee Branch
Posts: 1,635
M.O.C. #20693
What region

Just bought a new Montana. What region would North Central Arkansas fall into?

How do I join a regional MOC?

Is there an updated calendar of MOC events?
mtlakejim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #2
twindman
Montana Master
 
twindman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mesa
Posts: 1,169
M.O.C. #5651
I don't believe there is such a thing as a regional MOC membership. It is all one happy family with events scheduled throughout the country that fall within certain areas. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
__________________

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:16 PM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: McKinney
Posts: 4,538
M.O.C. #6433
There are regional MOC rallies. But even those are open to any MOC member.
__________________
Bill & Patricia

2007 3075RL
2012 F350 SRW CC LB FX4 6.7
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:42 PM   #4
mtlakejim
Montana Master
 
mtlakejim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bee Branch
Posts: 1,635
M.O.C. #20693
Sorry I guess I misunderstood that region posting concept under the forums tab. Let me rephrase the question. Based on the regions listed in the forums tab, what region would Arkansas fall under?
mtlakejim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:03 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Ridgeville
Posts: 19,081
M.O.C. #2839
We have been on the forum since 2005 and I do not think there is a clearly defined regional boundary. My guess is you would fit in the Southeast region
richfaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:01 PM   #6
mtlakejim
Montana Master
 
mtlakejim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bee Branch
Posts: 1,635
M.O.C. #20693
My main interest in knowing what region I would fall under is so I could look at the regional forums from time to time to see if there were any local rallies taking place. Also you need to keep in mind that not everyone on here is retired and as such may not be able to make rallies that are a great distance from their home location. That being the case having regional rallies would be a great way to further increase membership and serve those of us too young to be full time yet. Don't take this to mean that I don't like retired folks because I plan to be one for sure!!!


Also I am thinking there really needs to be a South Central Region. Mississippi, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana and East Texas are often grouped together as a region.....
mtlakejim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:28 PM   #7
DQDick
Montana Master
 
DQDick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wilsey
Posts: 15,022
M.O.C. #11455
You are more than welcome to come to the Central Plains rally in Nebraska next summer.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:58 PM   #8
mtlakejim
Montana Master
 
mtlakejim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bee Branch
Posts: 1,635
M.O.C. #20693
DQ,
Thanks for the invite.
I may in fact show up for a rally in another area when we retire in about 8years but it would be real nice to have one closer by in the meantime.
There is a rally happening with the Montana Rovers (which I think some of the folks here are members of) in Hot Springs, AR. which is very close for us this April. We are signed up for that one already. If your not a member of the Rovers you should join. They also have one in Pigeon Forge, TN scheduled for September. Both of those would be closer for me than Nebraska or Indiana.....
mtlakejim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 02:41 PM   #9
Slufoot733
Montana Master
 
Slufoot733's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wampum
Posts: 513
M.O.C. #9928
mtlakejim,
Attending ANY rally is well worth the time. 99% of the folks at the rallies are great folks, the other 1% are good folks .
We have met so many new friends, several of which we keep in touch with year round. Plus, there is a ton of info and assistance available when you have a question or problem. Many times product reps will come to a rally and demonstrate their items, even make them available at reduced prices.
Some folks you meet might live nearby your home and can become traveling partners in the future.
Keep in mind, if for some reason you don't like the rally, then you don't have to attend another.....but I bet ya will!
__________________
"What happens at camp stays at camp"
Slufoot733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 03:12 PM   #10
mtlakejim
Montana Master
 
mtlakejim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bee Branch
Posts: 1,635
M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slufoot733 View Post
mtlakejim,
Attending ANY rally is well worth the time. 99% of the folks at the rallies are great folks, the other 1% are good folks .
We have met so many new friends, several of which we keep in touch with year round. Plus, there is a ton of info and assistance available when you have a question or problem. Many times product reps will come to a rally and demonstrate their items, even make them available at reduced prices.
Some folks you meet might live nearby your home and can become traveling partners in the future.
Keep in mind, if for some reason you don't like the rally, then you don't have to attend another.....but I bet ya will!
We are attending a rally with the Rovers that is in our home state in April. We would attend other rallies further away but we still work for a living. When we retire and go semi full time then we will likely attend a few more outside of our area but for now if it isn't in a surrounding state or fall along the travel path we are using for one of our longer vacations we are not likely to attend.
__________________
James & Irene Wilson
Bee Branch, AR.
2017 Ram 1 ton diesel duallyCrew Cab/Long Bed
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.