Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
MONTANA GUARDIAN ANGEL,S

Yes Sir, those Guardian Angels come in all shape's and sizes. Christa and I arrived in RGV tore up beat and tired. If it could happen on the way down here IT DID..... As I pulled into our NICE SITE in GreenGate Grove, I really felt like that JOKE DOG they call LUCKY...... Within about a hour from our arrival, here comes this old beat up 2008 FORD pulling into the Drive with Jim and Sue ""OZZ"" hopping out of the truck with great big smiles on their faces and with a ""HELLO HOW CAN WE HELP"" Now these two drove over a hour and half to get here. Sue calmed Christa and OZZ jumped into to assist me finishing the setup.. a short time later here comes Bill Collier, he also has an old beat up 2008 Ford. It was a real JOY to know all was OK, Friends have arrived and all was well. OZZ and Bill assisted me in getting the weather torn awning down and we inspected the damage.. My WIFI has been marginable so that is why you haven't heard from me in awhile. I just want to SAY WITH SINCERETY """"THANK YOU"""""OZZ SUE AND BILL for the friendship and help. I intend to PASS IT FORWARD. GOSH we have a great Forum and Great people in it. even though they drive what they drive. ha ha P.S. Dometic just e mail me, they ""Came Through"" Even though their warranty is not for damage caused by mother nature. They are sending me new fabric and a new gear system. They did agree that mother nature has caused the gear to slip the cogs.... I just have to provide the labor to install it. Good ending to a Bad story...

Safe Travels to all... BRANSON IS GREAT FOR 2008 John

Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Glad to see that you can still smile, John. You helped us at Branson with our torn up awning and were taken care of by Jim and Bill who also helped us with ours. This is a great group of folks. Can't say enough about the MOC people. Keep smiling - Jim
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Glad to hear things are getting better John. But, with friends like that it has to,,eh. What a great group.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
I agree! Can't say enough about the great people that make up the MOCers! God bless to all of you.
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:37 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Glad to help. I posted a thread with some pictures, darned if I know where, I'll see if I can find it.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:40 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Down below in repairs and service; another awning.......
Old 02-08-2008, 02:23 AM   #7
paperheart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7541
So sorry for your troubles, hope today is brighter for you, Is the awning lock used if we have the new power awning? paperheart
paperheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:19 AM   #8
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
After inspection the awning gearing and cog assembly with Ozz and Bill after we took it down, it appeared strong enough, however nothing can handle mother nature when she decide's to do something. seeming I have married someone like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not knocking Dometic and their awning's, I would suggest installing an awning lock as a secondary safety device!! There is nothing like parking on the side of the highway, with heavy traffic trying to secure a loose awning. By the way, I might mention that, with the multitude of vehicle's that passed Christa and I on the side of interstate 10 inbound to San Antonio. NOT ONE STOPPED TO OFFER ASSISTANCE???????????????????????????????????????? But of course all of those that passed might have already known I was a previous KANSAS DIRT FARM KID. SO GETTER DONE IS a middle name around here. Food for thought. Safe Travels everyone BRANSON IS GREAT FOR 2008 John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:13 AM   #9
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
John and Christa, so glad you got there OK.

Ozz you are a kind and good man.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:22 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thank you
Old 02-08-2008, 09:11 AM   #11
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Heh - I wouldn't hold those beat up old Fords against them...we all have our flaws...
I'm glad things are working out for you...somehow I just knew you would be having company.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:20 AM   #12
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
To me, this is the MOST important aspect of the MOC, Helping each other out when the time comes. I only hope I will be able to offer assistance at some time or another. This is also another reason we need to continue to recruit new members. Glad you were able to get the assistance you needed and are working things out also.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:09 AM   #13
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
John gave us a call the other evening, for re-install of the new awning.

He got fabric and one of the gears from vendor, had it all installed on the roller by the time we got there.

He had assistance from neighbor (Mike I believe was his name), Bill Collier, Al and my trusty Cannon camera!

A few photos are here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lashbroo...JohnWithAwning

John was a very happy MOCer.

He asked that I put these up, so, here ya are John. I have more, I'll burn ya a CD and drop it off.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote