Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2006, 11:00 PM   #1
Montana_5061

M.O.C. #5061
Lady needs some help!

Lady (Gloria in TX) trying to return to
VA. Husband has brain cancer, has now started
her journey home with him and her daughter.
Had to wait until doctors in TX released him.
She is driving (first time) towing a 37 ft Monty.
Presently in FL.

Someone from the Montana Owners Club was originally
going to attempt to set up a "tow relay". Apparently
that is no longer necessary . . . but sounds like she
could use some help "setting up" along the way.

Her husband doesn't want to ask for help at campgrounds
doing that - but sounds like he (they) could use a bit of help.

I won't try to link it - but the thread can be found on
RV net (5th wheel forum):
"Getting 5th Wheel Home
by: "[red]Top Dog".

Maybe one of the club members can PM the member who was
working on the "assist".
Thanks,
JC

Montana_5061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:26 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks for letting us know, JC. There are some folks eager to help Gloria and I'm sure they will step up to the plate very soon. Here's our chance, everybody. http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/17252265.cfm
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:46 AM   #3
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Gloria and husband Jimmie headed toward Suvannah today. She just e-mailed me.
Mary
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:36 AM   #4
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
What happened to the program we were going to have up and running here for this type of situation? I thought we were doing so well with it. To think this could happen to any one of us is very frightening. Like I had posted some time ago, this almost happened to us when Paul was going to head to Ca. for a funeral of a friend. He had 4 days to get there and would you believe the day before he was to leave he had his stroke? He was going by himself as I had other commitments. It had to have been Gods intervention because he was all ready to go. To think this poor women is out there with her daughter with only the internet to communicate, I just can't imagine what she must be going through. My prayers are with Gloria and Jim. I pray they will make it home safely, heaven knows they don't need anything else to hinder their problems they already have.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:59 PM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Al and I are sorry we cannot help Gloria and Jimmy any more. We are in Little Rock and were on the road today ourselves. I hope she can find someone to help her park that rig. She is one gutsy gal to be doing this in the first place! Our continued prayers go with her.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:14 PM   #6
gloriad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #599
We made it to Savannah today and will spend 2 nights here before heading to Virginia. So far, so good!
gloriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:40 PM   #7
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Glad to hear from you, God Speed
Old 04-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #8
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Glad to hear that you have made it to Savannah. Our prayers are with you and your family. Drive safely and let us know when you get home. Marge
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:23 PM   #9
The Wind
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4200
Talk about being all wet eyes reading the postings on RVnet from Gloria and now from here. She is a very strong person and has the Lord doing a good job on watching them. Too bad that the "great" group of members can not help her out along the way. With all the members that have "free" time on their side. I thought something was going to start up wit help for people when they have a bad situation like this. Just have to speak my mind.........Gloria, you will make it home....Richard
The Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:08 PM   #10
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Richard
I think you are off base here. There were many offers to help Gloria and Jim. I'm not sure why the 2nd post to RV.net but there was help offered to this couple before that post. Code 3 perhaps should have found out more of what was going on before that post as well.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:23 PM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I thought his attitude was rather inappropriate, too, Sue.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:28 PM   #12
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Gloria and Jimmy stopped by our campsite at BPV just as we were getting ready to pull out ourselves, At one point she asked for the phone numbers and departure dates of some of the MOC people in BPV, she had them in just a few hours, I delivered them myself. The manager at that park was working over time helping them (she is now a MOC member).

I cannot find what must have raised the flags over at RVnet. I found posts by her, as TopDog and do not see anything there that would bring on the statement by The Wind. Gloria knows she can ask for help and if at all possible some MOC member would jump in there. I also know that she received a TON of private messages and email offering all kinds of help.

What Jimmy wanted more than anything was to make this trip home camping all the way, Gloria, the dog, the daughter and him. Gloria is giving him that. I can only imagine how tired she is, how stressful this has all been. My heart goes out to her in more ways than any one can possibly imagine, yet, we need to respect their wishes and their privacy and trust that when she needs help she will ask. I know from some of her messages to me, that she has a hard time finding the threads again here at MOC, I am guessing that is cause she is tired.

This entire experience has changed me, as I know it has affected and changed others here at MOC, and we continue our prayers loud and strong for Gloria and Jimmy. God Speed.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:43 PM   #13
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well said, Carol. People need to have all the facts before they make such comments.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:15 PM   #14
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Thank you Carol and Judy.
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 06:02 AM   #15
gloriad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #599
We made it home, thanks for all the prayers. That is what got us home safely.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:40 AM   #16
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Wonderful news, Gloria and Jim. We thank the Lord and pray that the Lord will meet all your needs.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:55 AM   #17
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Thank the lord for you return home. Now we all pray that things will go smoothly from here on. God has many things in mind, we just have to let them happen. Again my motto is "Let Go and Let God"...God Speed.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:11 AM   #18
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Glad your home safe and GREAT JOB. We were pulling for you from Australia.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:12 AM   #19
gloriad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #599
We have had numerous offers of help from all of you guys and would have taken you up on it if needed. Fortunately, I was able to handle the rig all the way. We had some times where in campgrounds, we could have used help,but Jimmy is always hesitate to ask for help. We did have a offer from someone in Savannah, he said he would help, but just sat on the picnic table while we hooked up and didn't offer again, but in general, everyone was great. I couldn't have done this without all the support I had from this great bunch of people as well as on RVnet. Thanks again and will keep you posted on Jimmy's progress and treatment. God Bless
Old 04-15-2006, 10:22 AM   #20
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
Gloria, so glad that you are home and that everything went smoothly. David and I wish that we could have been there to help you when you needed it, but sounds like that everything went pretty well. I am sure that Jim felt better when he could do some of the setting up and hitching up himself. Men are just that way. All of us here on the MOC and other Forum were praying and pulling for you and we were all interested in knowing about you each day. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers and we surely hope that you will keep us posted on Jim and how he is doing , as well as how you are doing.
Countrygirl or Shirley
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote