Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2017, 09:35 AM   #1
The Bone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17521
dog bite

I got bit by the neighbors dog today. Crap. I was turning off the gas bottle in my rv and the neighbor came out with his little dogs when one got lose and bit me on the leg. He tried to bite me twice but missed the second time. He just got my pant leg. Broke the skin but not a mark on my pants. Thank god I wasn't wearing shorts. I don't even own a pet and I never seen this dog before. I was not doing anything to provoke a attack.
People with dogs keep them under control. this sucks because I want to be a nice guy about this. It does make me mad but the guy was concerned about it. I may be the only guy that doesn't want to take this guy to court but I do want him to despise of this dog. That may be harsh but what if I was a 5 year old.

The Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:58 AM   #2
rmthelen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12748
Send a message via MSN to rmthelen
Hope he has the dog tested for rabies at the very least and that the bite doesn't develop into anything serious. On a lighter note, you may want to consider changing your name to something other than "the bone".....this could very well have been the provocation. LOL.
rmthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:52 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
He is probably one of those "my dog doesn't bite" or "he has never done that before" types. Unlikely there would be a problem, but I would want to see his up to date rabies tag.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
With our years of work camping I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard "he never did that before". At the very least I would call the police and have a report made. They can make sure he has his shots.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:58 PM   #5
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
It needs to be reported and the Dog confined for a period time to verify it's not infected with anything.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:29 PM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
With our years of work camping I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard "he never did that before". At the very least I would call the police and have a report made. They can make sure he has his shots.
Sad, but true of a growing number of dog owners. If it had been a small child....

Makes my blood boil every time.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:09 PM   #7
The Bone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17521
Called the sheriff and he contacted animal control. They came over and checked the dogs shots and it was up to date. The guy never came over to see how I was nor say he was sorry his dog attacked me. Now at another camp site at Niagara falls. Rained all day during the trip. Got my eye out for little dogs.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:16 PM   #8
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
There are way too many irresponsible dog owners out there!

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:28 AM   #9
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
Called the sheriff and he contacted animal control. They came over and checked the dogs shots and it was up to date. The guy never came over to see how I was nor say he was sorry his dog attacked me. Now at another camp site at Niagara falls. Rained all day during the trip. Got my eye out for little dogs.
Of course not, he was afraid you were going to sue him, well oblige him call the Law offices at 1-800 DOG BITE and start a claim, then tell him if he had at least apologized for the incident you would have forgotten about it.
Another one that`s afraid of his wife and her little babies that will not stop barking.
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:04 AM   #10
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
I was in a Home Depot a few years back. Just walking down an aisle that was about 10 feet wide. I stayed on my side and a full poodle was with the owner on the other side. As I got beside the dog, it lunged at me and bit my calf. I didn't think it was too bad - just stinging. The owner didn't really do much. A few minutes later, as I was checking out, I reached down and rubbed the spot and it was bleeding!!! Had I known it drew blood I may have yelled at the owner a while.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:50 PM   #11
The Bone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17521
I am on guard now. When I see a small dog I get ready. I have fast feet look out dog I got something for you now.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:46 PM   #12
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
Dogs should not be allowed in stores or restaurants including food stores. I don't care if they are a "companion" dog or whatever they call it. Dogs are being allowed in too many places. We found a dog on our cruise ship several years ago and my wife stepped in you no what while we were doing laps around the ship. I will never go on that cruise line again. No place for dogs I don't care what ailment you have. I don't dislike dogs, but there are places they don't belong.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:51 AM   #13
Beau2010
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18355
I was bitten by a client's dog several years ago. Client was trying to put the dog away but he pushed him into the garage, not realizing the garage door was open. Went to the doc to get a tetanus shot. He is required to report dog bites to police. When the cop went out to the house to see the dog's shot records, the owner raised a fuss; "you are not taking my dog..." so the cop asked for his ID and when he ran his record, there a was a warrant out for him. Dog stayed home, owner went to jail. Tetanus shot a good idea unless you have had one recently.
Beau2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 02:20 PM   #14
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
We take our dog when we take the 5er. He is never outside unless on a leash 6' which keeps him close. When we have company, he is in the bedroom. Too many loose dogs in CGs, too many in flimsy tiny fences. Not only could they get out but another can get in to get them. Every dog will bite if they feel they or their owner threatened which in some cases means just too close in the dogs mind. Dogs should not be in restaurants, stores, etc. We leave him in the 5er with a monitor where we can see/hear him and inside temps all the time.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:16 PM   #15
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
My size 12 would have put that dog 3 sites over!
bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:38 AM   #16
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
We always take our dog with us. She is ALWAYS on a leash when outside. I ALWAYS keep several empty poop bags in my back pocket ready for use. Have provided bags to campers who think it's ok to let their dog just go and walk away.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:57 PM   #17
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
I have handed out bags a couple times. Always like the look on their face. Sometimes the excuse is funny.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:08 PM   #18
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
We have a guy at our park who has a small dog. I had watched him let the dog poop and then walk away. Well about the 4th or 5th time I just could not stand it so I confronted him about not picking it up. He said " its small and will just dry up and blow away"? So I asked what happens between the time it lands on the ground and it drys up? Like all the flys it draws and if one steps in it. While we were talking I kept moving around and what do you think he stepped in it. Got to love how that works. He now pickes it up. Plus the Ranger told him one more time and he is gone.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:10 AM   #19
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
We take our dog when we take the 5er. He is never outside unless on a leash 6' which keeps him close. When we have company, he is in the bedroom. Too many loose dogs in CGs, too many in flimsy tiny fences. Not only could they get out but another can get in to get them. Every dog will bite if they feel they or their owner threatened which in some cases means just too close in the dogs mind. Dogs should not be in restaurants, stores, etc. We leave him in the 5er with a monitor where we can see/hear him and inside temps all the time.
Good for you! That is the respectful and correct way to treat your beloved pet
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:13 PM   #20
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemoore View Post
We have a guy at our park who has a small dog. I had watched him let the dog poop and then walk away. Well about the 4th or 5th time I just could not stand it so I confronted him about not picking it up. He said " its small and will just dry up and blow away"? So I asked what happens between the time it lands on the ground and it drys up? Like all the flys it draws and if one steps in it. While we were talking I kept moving around and what do you think he stepped in it. Got to love how that works. He now pickes it up. Plus the Ranger told him one more time and he is gone.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote