Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2018, 07:51 AM   #21
DanandBrenda
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21176
I figured out what was wrong with hydraulic slide stopping every two or three inches.It was the polarity reversing relay next to the pump. it worked going in but would stop every two or three inches going out.

Thanks everyone for the help

Old 08-18-2018, 05:25 PM   #22
Docweems
Established Member

M.O.C. #12222
Cool Trouble locating 80 amp auto reset 12 volt breaker

I have contacted several local auto parts stores to try and find a 12 volt auto reset 80 amp circuit breaker to no avail. I did order on on line and finally received it yesterday, however the device is much larger than the 50 amp one in the camper, and the studs are much larger in diameter than the OEM one I am trying to replace. I ordered 3/8 studs thinking that I was getting the same studs as the OEM one and thus making the installation more like a "plug and Play" item. I measured the size of my OEM nut and it was 3/8 but the nut on the one I received was 1/2". Today is Sat and in trying to talk with the on line supplier they don't work on Sat. So I did try the local auto parts stores and no luck there either.
Any other thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. BTW thanks for being willing to share your knowledge and hard earned experiences!
Doc
Docweems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:41 PM   #23
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Another member encountered the same issue a few days ago. There is an easy solution. Take a look at Post #7 in this Thread http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=74952

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:08 PM   #24
E Rod
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21551
I ordered an 80 amp auto reset from Amazon for my Alpine.
Company is
Crimp Supply
Sku# 31A31564X1
$17.96 free shipping
www.crimpsupply.com

Bussman Cb 181180 circuit breaker
Hope this helps you. Worked for me.
God Bless and happy trails
E Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:35 PM   #25
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docweems View Post
Any other thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. BTW thanks for being willing to share your knowledge and hard earned experiences!
Doc
Here is one option. We were leaving on a trip and I did not have time to order an 80 amp. So I bought two 40 amp breakers and connected them in parallel (resulting in essentially the same as an 80). I bought two short buss bars at Lowe's and some heat shrink tubing. That was 7 yrs ago and still works fine. Though mine does not have as many wires as yours appears to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1136.jpg
Views:	2891
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	2119  
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 01:33 PM   #26
kennyp

M.O.C. #24866
I have a 2017, Montana, 3710 FL. Six slide 5th wheel; three of the slides are hydraulic and have the start stop problem. So after many hours of testing circuitry, changing out circuit breakers, load testing batteries and replacing every ground wire in the system the problems associated with my hydraulics slides stopping and starting came down to one component. Unfortunately the issue lies within the BCM and a single resister located on the primary circuit board. As was explained to me by the ASA Technical Expert, the offending resister has now been changed out on the older boards and replaced with a higher capacity resister. I am fortunate in that ASA have offered to replace the BSM board at no cost, but be prepared to do your homework and have answers that fit the narrative that you have checked every potential problem prior to contacting the ASA customer service team. These people are excellent and are really knowledgeable in all aspects of the BCM and the systems it controls. As soon as the new board is installed I will update my fellow Montana owners to update the results. Cheers
Ken
kennyp is offline   Reply With Quote