Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
HamRad

HamRad-

How are you doing since your surgery?

I noticed how you post every now aand then....

But how are you feeling?

You probably have physical therapy....are you doing it? Is it going well?

I hope the best for you, as I would like to walk that circle at the 2009 Lake Siskiyou rally.

Who knows maybe we can suggest a "healing walk" for all that have encounter mental or physical challenges in this last year(s). Of course it should be before the big BBQ dinner.....I couldn't walk after that dinner

Denise

PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Denise,

Hello there! We are continuing to recover. The doctor has released me to do whatever I can do as long as it isn't overdoing it! So I'm just walking a lot. Use the cane most of the time but actually doing a lot of walking with no assistance. I still don't go very far. But it is so nice to have so much less pain. I'd guess it is about half of what it was! Still have some "recovery" type pain in the hip and of course still have the residual back pain. But I can move! I can move with with very little pain compared to what it was.

I think I could make it at least half way around the circle right now. By the time May comes around I'm sure I'll be able to walk the whole thing! We will definitely have to get a group together to accomplish this.

Thanks for asking we are looking forward to our May gathering. See you soon. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:53 PM   #3
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
Dennis: Glad to hear everything went well. You'll probably be dancing 'fore too long. It won't be too long 'til you'll forget you had it. (Not quite.) Keep up the rehab, it only gets better.
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:06 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bob,

There are times when I do forget for an instant that I've just had a total hip replacement..... but not for too long! Usually within a very short time something will remind me!

Hope all is going well with you folks. Have you headed south yet? Gonna start getting really cold up your way. Better get that rig ready to roll!

Take care and see you on down the road.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:37 AM   #5
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Dennis, hope you are feeling better! Take care!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:39 AM   #6
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Dennis, Glad to hear you are doing well, keep up the rehab and you will be throwing away the cane before too long!!!!!

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:41 AM   #7
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
Dennis, very happy for your recovery, I can just imagine the amount of pain you must have gone through I'm glad it has improved.

Bill
Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote