Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2010, 07:05 AM   #1
tonycamacho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9300
Send a message via AIM to tonycamacho
Mexico Travelers; Our Return to "PV"

My last post I was looking for someone to convoy with back to Puerto Vallarta. We are back home to Puerto Vallarta. I was unable to find company but we had no problems. I have driven this route almost yearly since 1992 but my concerns this year related to the media news coverage of a few incidents on the toll road from Nogales to Tepic relating to drug gangs, carjacking, shootings and muggings of road travelers. As it turned out the incidents were blown way out of shape. Driving only during sunlight hours and being aware of your surroundings is the best advice I can give anyone. Since we were pressed for time to return to "PV" we crossed the border around 10 AM Thursday the 7th of October and made San Carlos about 3 PM. Next morning departed San Carlos about 6AM and was having cocktails with friends in Mazatlan by 6PM Friday the 8th. Saturday we rested and enjoyed the pool and beach. We departed Mazatlan Sunday the 10th; since the coastal route via San Blas from Mazatlan was torn up by the heavy rains this year we were forced to use the mountain route through Tepic. Our timing was perfect because it is best to drive this route on Sundays. We departed Mazatlan at sun up and by 4PM we were backing the Monty into my storage yard located in La Cruz, a town just north of "PV".

Our nightly stays were in RV parks, the Totonaka RV in San Carlos, great spot clean, wide spaces; free wifi and good 30 Amp power. If you arrive late the night security gate guard will let you in.
In Mazatlan I recommend Punta Cerritos RV located north of the center of town with an "easy exit and return" to the toll road avoiding the drive through the town. Again full facilities and has 50 AMP power. If you coming to Puerto Vallarta there are numerous RV parks located in "PV" or the surrounding beach towns. Most of these are listed on the web but feel free to email me if you have any question.

Tony & Ann Camacho
Marina Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

tonycamacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Glad you made it home safe and sound. Thanks for the info on good RV parks.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote