Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2008, 07:29 AM   #1
redmouse
Established Member

M.O.C. #8886
VuQube

We are new RVers. Bought a 3465SA to winter in Florida this year. We bought a VuQube and wonder if anyone else uses it. We have DISH network that we were going to bring our receiver with from home but we have a dual tuner and now find that they say you can only use a single tuner. Anyone used a VuQube and has anyone used it with a dual tuner. We liked this because we could move it around to get signal but were not thinking of not being able to use two tvs on different channels. Thinking maybe we should go with the KingDome automatic roof mount instead. Any opinions would be appreciated. We would really like to be able to use our receiver we have and we also would like to be able to view separate programs.

Also, has anyone had any problem with the latch on the sofa not keeping it closed. I am afraid its going to break the bottom part of the sofa. We got a new latch and put on but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Thanks

redmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Redmouse,
Do you have one of the newer dual tunner dish DVR's?
I have the DVR-722 with the dual tuner. I have two tuners in the house feeding 4 televisions. Each can view independent channels.

If (big word if) you have two tv's in the house now fed by one tuner, you have the necessary switches and splitters already installed. Look at the back of the tuner where the satellite connection comes in. You may see what appears to be two splitters, but are in fact switches and splitters. (There is another thread on this in "Let Us Entertain You," I just don't want to search for it right now)

Anyhow, one lead from the antenna on my system goes to that splitter system. When I take my DVR with me I take the splitter system.
AW HECK! I searched on DPD
Check out this thread, page 3 in

GENERAL DISCUSSIONS SECTION

What you will find is that the Vu-Cube can only receive one satellite at a time, unless they have made some modifications. So when you are on Satellite 110, you will get different channels as when you are on Satellite 119. I don't think the Vu is able to get Satellite 129.
So you may have to change satellites to get the channels you normally watch. It's a pain in the neck troublesome and time consuming sometimes when searching for satellites.

As for the King Dome, I had one in the Hanna 3400RL and it was the same way. I would have to switch satellites to view our normal viewing programs. My personal preference is that it was not worth the money, nor is the Vu-cube. On my new SOB, I am going to try what many RV'ers try. A portable system. I opted for the Dish 1000 Antenna and a tripod. All together, less that $200. Yes sir, I'll be setting up in the rain, but I'll be receving all channels and chuckling at my bank account.

JMHO
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:18 AM   #3
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
Send a message via Yahoo to ChuckD
I have the Movin View Stationary system on my 3650, and I find that unless I park where no tree limbs are blocking the system is useless. I really am thinking of changing to a portable system so that I will have better choices on parking and still have a higher percentage of recieving signal. On my system I can watch both 110 and 119, the unit will make a click and move to the right satellite. My only regret is 9 times out of 10 I am parked with something in the way of my signal and I am not able to move the dish over a bit to correct it
ChuckD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:21 AM   #4
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We started out with the old Directv round dish and when we got the 340RLQ Big Sky it came with a HD TV so we upgraded to the bigger dish. We have always had the system on a tripod and would not be without it. We don't always deploy the system while traveling unless we will stay for more than two days in one place. The dishes are not hard to store and fit nicely against the front wall of the basement. The tripod stores in the front compartment and the mounting stores with the tripod. This system comes with a 6x8 switch and we can feel 8 receivers if needed. We use two for the DVR and one for the bdrm. The View Cube is ok if you are only feeding one receiver. Where spend most of our winter time is heavily wooded so we have to move the tripod around a bit to get a good signal. It is much easier to move the tripod system than the whole rig... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote