Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2017, 03:38 PM   #1
Butch & Kathy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18980
Water in underbelly after Hurricane

I had moved the camper to a safe location in my yard for Hurricane Irma with the drivers side facing east. In my area of FL the highest winds were from the east. When moving back I noticed a significant amount of water leaking out of the underside cover and also out of the vent on the furnace. My thought is that the horizontal rain entered the exhaust of the furnace and leaked into the underside. The basement was bone dry and the area behind the furnace does not show signs of water damage. Thoughts? Should I dig further into the furnace before using it?

Butch & Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:49 AM   #2
The Bone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17521
I would check everything to make sure. I would also check under the rig to make sure it gets dry so mold doesn't grow to make you sick.
The Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Check the ckt board for water damage.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:32 PM   #4
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Take it out for a tow, Just to dry what you think might be wet before doing anything.
Along the way you will be force air drying the innards and stopping any mold growing in areas you can not see. That is your primary concern so long as it is still structurally sound.
I'm glad you weathered the storm and you took precautions. You could of taped up the furnace in and out if you had time. But considering what you had to deal with. It is amazing things worked out the way they did.
Congrats for your accomplishments and accolades for your success.
Be prepared. Boy scouts motto.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:57 PM   #5
Butch & Kathy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18980
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhftx View Post
Take it out for a tow, Just to dry what you think might be wet before doing anything.
Along the way you will be force air drying the innards and stopping any mold growing in areas you can not see. That is your primary concern so long as it is still structurally sound.
I'm glad you weathered the storm and you took precautions. You could of taped up the furnace in and out if you had time. But considering what you had to deal with. It is amazing things worked out the way they did.
Congrats for your accomplishments and accolades for your success.
Be prepared. Boy scouts motto.
Thanks. I will tape the exhaust in the future...
Butch & Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace