Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
CasaDelSol2

M.O.C. #8872
Replacing window

Can someone tell me how to remove/replace a window pane for the stationary side of the kitchen window? I was weed wacking around the site and must have kicked up a stone. Spiderwebbed the window and I can't figure out how to remove the window to bring it to someone to reinstall the glass.

Thanks.

CasaDelSol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
CasaDelSol2,
When we broke out our bedroom window we had to remove the entire frame. Our case is probably different than yours. We had part of the movable frame completely bent out of shape. Someone posted a few months ago about a rock breaking one of their windows and they were going to just replace the window pane.

You might try doing a search. Sometimes it is hard to fine stuff but if you get lucky you may find exactly what you're looking for.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
farmboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9087
Send a message via Yahoo to farmboy
I had a window broken out while traveling down the road some place in IN. or ILL. It was the narrow one at the dinete. I Taped it up till we got home two weeks later and took the rig to a local shop and they put a piece of smoked temeperd plexiglass in it that matched the rest of the window. Took then just a couple of hours. This might work for you.
farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:08 AM   #4
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
We are still waiting for 2 different places to call us back with info on replacing the window. It would be so much easier if we could remove the window and take it somewhere to replace just the glass. One more time...does anyone have experience with this?
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:10 AM   #5
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
When I removed the small bed room window I removed the inside frame by removing all the inside screws. Then the window and outside frame just pushed out. Yes I did have to cut the caulking so the outside frame would slide out. You might look at yours and see if it works the same way. If it is big and more than one window pain get help when taking it out.

Good luck and I hope this helps.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote