Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2018, 07:00 AM   #21
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
We have the model #'s 7725 and 7735. Jim has one in the truck and I have one in my car. Unfortunately they don't seem to make that model anymore. We have had good luck with ours, never has it directed us on roads that we shouldn't be on or dead ends.
The RVND 7 looks like ours and the functions look the same. I'm not sure if it has the lifetime updates that ours do.
You do have to keep it plugged in when you travel. It doesn't hold a battery charge for an extended time.

Before a trip Jim also looks up our route on goggle maps and follows the route too..

Hope this helps..

mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:05 AM   #22
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipermanden View Post
What highway number is the PA turnpike, or where does it go from and to?
RT 76. It picks up just south of Youngstown, Oh and goes basically to Philly then you get into the Jersey turnpike system.
I know that's not where you are headed, just thought I would throw that out there.

Rule #1. The Chief is always right.
Rule #2. When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
JABURKHOLDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:43 AM   #23
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
Anybody ever take the Chesapeake bay bridge and tunnel hwy 13 going from the tip of Cape Charles to Virginia Beach? I see on Google maps what looks like Semi Trucks coming out the end of it, so I am assuming it will be OK for us?
vipermanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 11:44 AM   #24
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipermanden View Post
Anybody ever take the Chesapeake bay bridge and tunnel hwy 13 going from the tip of Cape Charles to Virginia Beach? I see on Google maps what looks like Semi Trucks coming out the end of it, so I am assuming it will be OK for us?
We crossed it years ago heading north from Virginia Beach with our old Scamper. It is pricey but fun to cross.
Also from a previous post, I80 in Pennsylvania is not the PA Turnpike. I80 is further north in the state. The PA Turnpike is I76.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:33 PM   #25
rollingdownthehighway
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20273
Living in CT, I would avoid 95 like the plague. I would jump on 90 to 84 to 78, as for De to VA beach, we did that last year and it took us over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel, which I'll never do again, you may be able to jump on 95 in De and roll that down, but you'll have to go around the tunnel in baltimore. If you decided to stay in Mystic, that's about an hour before New Haven (from Boston).
rollingdownthehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:14 PM   #26
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
Mike, Funny today it says the Chesapeake tunnel is closed, so it has the route going 95 down to Richmond and then hwy 64 to Virginia Beach. So I guess I will do that instead. Why would never do the tunnel again? Also your first directions 90 to 84 to 78 is from where to where? I am booking 28 RV parks for this trip, and my head is fogged up. :-)