Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2011, 05:27 AM   #1
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Reviews Please

Good Morn all. We are leaving Santee, CA for Lynwood Wa. The RV Park is Cedar Twins, Has anyone stayed there. We have read a few reviews so far on the bright side. We will be taking on Management of this Park. My mother is losing her eye sight to demaculure degeneration and I want to spend the last months that she still can be see. The Park is only 4 mins from my Moms house. Thanks in advance for any Information.

randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
We spent a week there last year. Seattle is not RV friendly and this is one of the examples. While the people there seemed pleasant (we were gone early in the morning and returned late at night), there are a lot of long timers in residence. The real problem is the spaces are very tight together. We have a two-slide model trailer and we had to move over 6" (after we had setup of course) so the neighbor on the left could open their door. The power pole and sewer connection for the right hand neighbor was right at the bottom of our steps (rear door 2955 model) so you had to be very careful when leaving. The green stool in the picture below is because the site sloped a bunch (note orange blocks under the right tires) and we needed the stool to reach the bottom step. Forget about opening your awning. The park worked for the purpose of our trip, but it isn't a place I would use again.

Google Earth has a good picture of the park if you haven't seen it. We were parked in the vacant spot just above the “A in a balloon” icon. The outer spots on the left and bottom are under trees and not as visible.

Hopefully as manager of the facility, you will get a better site than we did.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Butch, I hope they paid you very well to stay in that site. That's ridiculous.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Carl n Susan thanks for the info, are all the sites that small or just a few? We will only put rigs w/o slides in the one you show. We have worked at Parks with small sites, and most are old Parks before trailer had slides.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I really don't recall all of the park. The sites around us were all tight. There were a few on the left side of the picture under the trees where units with slides on both sides were parked. They too appeared to be close together but obviously had to have more space than we did. It is an old park with mostly permanent occupants. They didn't get a lot of short time rigs and consequently the spaces didn't expand to accommodate the larger width they typically require.

I was concerned how I would get out of there without backing out. Turned out the guy on my right departed just before me. After getting two sites across the alley from me to move their tow vehicles, I was able to pull out going forward.
Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:20 AM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Ok, I take it all back, we were NOT shoehorned in at that site in Custer.

This may be the closest parking I have ever seen. GULP!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #7
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
How is that even legal??? Isn't that a fire hazard to be that congested? what if it's cold and the neighbor turns on his furnace???
that is way too scarey for me......

We have been in a tight site when we first hit the road last year where we couldn't open our awning and could barely open the kitchen slide...would never do it again.

Don't think I would want to manage that place, can you imagine the complaints and the potential for damage to rigs trying to manuever in and out of sites.....looks like "lawsuit" waiting to happen.

Betty
pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Nice job of parking to get it into that site, Butch! Even if that's a pullthrough.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote