Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Myrtle Beach, """BIKE WEEK"""

Arrived at Briarcliffe RV Resort, I asked about the pickleball court and the lady said they will be parking bike trailers there all weekend as this is "Bike Week 2009". Oh Great, just what we need. Mostly African Americans on "crotch rockets". I don't totally understand but will have to ask around. I don't mind the bikes, but the noise can get quite loud, plus some of them don't know how to maneuver a parking lot, like going the wrong way and cutting in between cars. Afraid I am going to hit one. It surprises me the number of lady drivers also. In my day they only road on the back. They have come a long way, baby!

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
Was down there once for this portion of May bike week and never again. A lot of businesses close up for this one. The Harley rally held earlier in the month is a lot quieter in all respects.
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
2 Sinks
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6341

We stayed in Myrtle Beach State Park campground for several days in October 2004.The park is direct ocean front with it's own pier.The camping sites are further back in the campground,the sites are quite large.

We prefer State Parks whenever possible and will definitely go back to Myrtle Beach.The park is a "10" in my book.It was a peaceful serene haven between all the tourist traps up and down US HWY 17.
2 Sinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Phil,
If you think that's a lot of bikes, go to Washington DC this weekend. (Memorial Day) I rode in Rolling Thunder a few years ago. There were 500,000 bikes in the Pentagon parking lots. It took 4 hours to empty the lots for the run down Constitution Ave. A beautiful sound in support of POW/MIA's.

May we never forget.

None Forgotten, Non Left Behind (NFNLB)
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:58 PM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Phil, don't even get me started on "crotch rockets". Most, please notice I said most and not all, are jacka$$es. If a cop could ever catch them, they should have there licenses suspended forever. Weaving thru traffic, squeezing between stopped traffic, wheelies, speed, speed and more speed. And you'll never convince me that they are at all comfortable to ride.

2 years ago, we missed Bike Week by one week in Sturgis just the way we planned it. I know many a biker and they are good clean family guys BUT there are way to many of the others riding into these bike weeks that I will keep my distance.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:25 AM   #6
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

Arrived at Briarcliffe RV Resort, I asked about the pickleball court and the lady said they will be parking bike trailers there all weekend as this is "Bike Week 2009". Oh Great, just what we need. Mostly African Americans on "crotch rockets". I don't totally understand but will have to ask around. I don't mind the bikes, but the noise can get quite loud, plus some of them don't know how to maneuver a parking lot, like going the wrong way and cutting in between cars. Afraid I am going to hit one. It surprises me the number of lady drivers also. In my day they only road on the back. They have come a long way, baby!

run ,don't walk...run away,
cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:09 AM   #7
The Old Fogies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8908
Phil & Cathy we're over at the state park. We have learned over the years to stay in the two state parks. You are away for most of the bikes. They have ruined many of a holiday with the way they ride and act. We enjoy the State parks anyway.

The Old Fogies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:27 AM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by The Old Fogies

Phil & Cathy we're over at the state park. We have learned over the years to stay in the two state parks. You are away for most of the bikes. They have ruined many of a holiday with the way they ride and act. We enjoy the State parks anyway.
I sent you a PM!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 02:41 AM   #9
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
We stayed in Myrtle Beach State Park last month and I give it a 10 also.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #10
Ruth
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8424
Phil - We were headed in that direction and we heard about the rally so we went to visit friends in Jefferson, SC - near Charleston. See you in Goshen in Sept.
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:38 PM   #11
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Ruth, We will not be at Goshen this year as we are doing the East Coast with my Sister and BIL, maybe next year....