Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Northeast Region
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Coordinators Needed!

UPDATE!

[s]Roger (and son Andy)have stepped up to coordinate the campfires since Dave have to cancel BUT..... they will only be able to do this on Friday and Saturday nights. Need someone to volunteer to start the campfire on Thursday and Sunday (due to restrictions on transporting firewood across state lines we will be purchasing all firewood locally so all you have to do is set it up and start it)[/s]Thank you Bullroc3!

[s]I left off the important category of Photographer. In past rallies, several folks who like to take pictures have identified themselves and one volunteer collected all of the pictures toward the end of the rally and burned CDs for those who wanted one. I need a volunteer for that "collector of pictures"?[/s]Glenn has volunteered to do this but would like input from all present with digital cameras... Smile!

As I go through this list and update it, I keep seeing the same names over and over again. I would like everyone to be able to enjoy this rally and not have a few folks knocking themselves out so that others can enjoy a vacation. Please help with one event so that all may have a chance to enjoy this rally - end of speach

Okay, we are getting our act together and looking for some help "Coordinating" some of the Events. In an ideal world two co-coordinators for each item would be GREAT! but we will take three if you promise to work well together......
I have already added the names of folks who volunteered last year. If something has changed and you can no longer do it let me know.

Coordinators can recruit help in a seperate thread to assist in their event, for example coordinating pot luck dinner or folks to bring various prepared ingredients for the omlet breakfast.

At the bottom of this thread is a brief description of what each position entails.....

Fire Master (Every Evening) - Roger (John Michaels will be helper for Thursday and Sunday evenings)

Meet-N-Greet/Registration Table (Thursday Evening) - Rich and Helen (Richfaa), Bob and Myra, Larry and April, Dennis and Judy,

Side Dish Coordinator (Friday BBQ) - Tom and Sandy (Buschet1)

Pot Luck Dinner (Saturday Evening)- Tom and Sandy (buschet1)

Show and Tell (Saturday Morning) - Bill and Lisa (unless we get a volunteer)

Omlet Breakfast (Sunday Morning) - Rich (richfaa)

Morning Coffee (Every Morning) - Bill (for now - looking for a volunteer)

MOC Gear Sales (throughout the weekend) - John Kohl

Rec Hall Clean up/break down (Monday Morning) - Dennis and Judy, Tom and Sandy (buschet1)

Photo Coordinator - Glenn! Thank You

Job Descriptions

Fire Master (Every Evening) - Responsible for setting up the nightly campfire and ensuring someone takes responsibility for dousing the fire at the end of the night. Due to restrictions on transporting firewood across state lines we will obtain firewood locally. No experience required but a gas powered blender is a plus.

Meet-N-Greet (Thursday Evening) - Help set up the Rec Hall for the evening

Registration Table (Thursday Evening) - Help man the registration table at the Meet-N-Greet, hand out welcome packets, name tags, etc.

Pot Luck Dinner (Friday Evening)- Help organize the Friday night pot luck dinner. In a thread on the forum either solicit people to provide certain items or just post what is being brought so we don't end up with 17 varieties of Chili.....It could be a looonng weekend.

Show and Tell (Saturday Morning) - Solicit participation in the Show and Tell by compiling a list of participating rigs (site numbers) and what modifications will be on display

Omlet Breakfast (Sunday Morning) - Handle the world famous omlet in a bag breakfast event. Solicit assistance in the cooking department, sides preparation, bag fillers, etc.

Morning Coffee (Every Morning) - Set up and start the coffee pots in the Rec Hall every morning. Tell the folks we talk into contributing donuts and pastries where to put them when they arrive. Turn off and break down Coffee pots at the end of the morning coffee.

Rec Hall Clean up/break down (Monday Morning)- Help with any break down/clean up of the rec hall.

Smile

Bill

Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:39 PM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Is the show and tell anything like an open house?

Although we haven't been to a Montana rally, we have been to other rallies when we had the Airstream where everyone would open up their rigs for other owners who wanted to see them. It was very interesting to see what modifications people had done to their rigs. Each individual trailer was different where they seemed to take on the personality of the owners.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:09 AM   #3
RickMatthews
Established Member

M.O.C. #6961
Hi Bill and Donna - Yep, the show and tell is an open house...Bill convinced me that it's a good idea to have one as long as it's not at 8:00 in the morning!
RickMatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:05 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Bill & Lisa..Helen and I would be happy to co- ordinate, or help, whatever comes first, with the registration table Thursday Evening. We have done that before at other rallies and at the Goshen Rally. We also did the omelet in a bag bkfst at the last Goshen rally and I note that you have a expert coordinator for that but we would also offer our help....IF NEEDED.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:09 AM   #5
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Thanks I put you down for the registration table and will let Sven contact on assisting with the Omlet breakfast (IF NEEDED)
Old 02-06-2008, 03:52 AM   #6
waldo238
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7818
What event is this for?
waldo238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:42 AM   #7
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
This is for the MOC NorthEast Rally being held in Gettysburg PA From 29 May to 2 June. All of the topic threads under the major heading "NORTH AMERICAN MOC/Northeast Region" are for this upcoming rally. Come join us!
Old 02-06-2008, 05:28 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ok on the registration table...We will need some help on that so let us know when it is OK to post and ask for help. We will be into the campground on Tuesday the 27th of May so if we can be of any help let us know.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:38 AM   #9
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Feel free to start a post on your area of responsiblity any time. Rick and Jeana and Lisa and I will arrive Wednesday. I am sure we will need help (or a cold one.....)
Old 02-06-2008, 07:35 AM   #10
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
I am not going to volunteer for anything......but... I will make myself available to assist someone if needed.....I am very good at doing what I am told to do...yes dear..
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:32 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Bill I will ask one of the moderators to do a "sticky" If yu would like a post to remain at the head of the thread you need to ask one of the moderators to do a "sticky" for you.. Then it will"stick" to that spot.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #12
6.7 CTD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8114
Can this be a weekend only rally for those of us that have to work ? .........i.e. arrive on fri. and leave on sun........also , I am only 20 min.'s from this campground and have been there many times.......great choice, by the way........owners are very nice people...........as for firewood they sell it by the wheelbarrow load for 12$ I think........load your own wheelbarrow.....all you can haul.........I asked the first question because I don't want to take a spot from someone who will be there the whole time.
Thanx,
Roger and Missy
6.7 CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #13
RickMatthews
Established Member

M.O.C. #6961
Of course, you can come for the weekend! We recognize there is never the perfect time for everyone, but we have activities planned for the entire weekend and welcome you whatever days you can make it. Once you have your reservation, please let me know so I can update my listing. Looking forward to meeting you at the NE Rally!
Old 02-06-2008, 01:20 PM   #14
6.7 CTD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8114
Thanx for the quick reply Rick , I will be making my reservation tomorrow and will post my site number ..........is there going to be a reduced rate?........and by the way ,Bill or Lisa, what is a gas powered blender???????????
Old 02-06-2008, 01:51 PM   #15
RickMatthews
Established Member

M.O.C. #6961
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 6.7 CTD

Thanx for the quick reply Rick , I will be making my reservation tomorrow and will post my site number ..........is there going to be a reduced rate?........and by the way ,Bill or Lisa, what is a gas powered blender???????????
Yes, we will receive a 15% discount off of the total amount. The deposit is two nights of camping and then the discount will be applied upon arrival and payment. Right now we have 36 units interested, and 17 confirmed, so we are on our way to a fantastic rally.

As for the gas powered blender...well, you will have to see it to believe it! Dave is a master at mixing up his special cocktails in this megapowered blender..it's great fun!

Regards,
Jeana Matthews
Old 02-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #16
6.7 CTD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8114
I guess I'm gettin old...lol........my teenage son just told me he saw it on monster garage.......I gotta see this thing , sound like major overkill to me...........ha.ha.ha.....kinda like a dually for a pop-up.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:42 PM   #17
ashlandcpa
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6686
Bill & Lisa: I'm planning on being in gettysburg. Think I made reservations. Will check tomorrow. Roger & I can do the fires if he wants. One to fuel the fire and one to fuel the blender. It's all good.

PS: Hey Roger: If you hook a pop-up to a dually, you can put what ever you want in the pop-up and still get anywhere you want. Kinda the same idea with the gas powered blender, always enough power. haha.
ashlandcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #18
6.7 CTD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8114
Yeah, I'll help out with the fires........I 'll be on site "C" by the way..........just talked to Connie this morning after going down to check out the sites on Saturday.........only can be there Fri. nite and Sat. nite though..........Work,Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 02-12-2008, 11:03 PM   #19
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Great Dave, It will be good to see you again. Thanks to both you and Roger for volunteering.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:42 AM   #20
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Bill and Lisa,

We are new to attending a rally so Judy and I will volunteer for the Monday cleanup tasks listed. We know how to clean but not sure of some of the other jobs.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote