Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2006, 04:45 PM   #1
Montana_6099
Established Member

M.O.C. #6099
We have a slide out problem!

Hey everybody. Jenny and I just got set up and are now full timing!

I do have a slight problem though. I was out inspecting the 3400 today and noticed that the kitchen table/couch slide out is shifted.

What I mean is that as I stand to the side of the Montana looking at it, the entire slide is further to the left (rear) of the trailer than the front.

Is this normal? When I look at the slide inside, on the front side of the slide, the seal is even with the slide frame. The rear side of the slide, the seal is concealed very far under the frame.

On the outside, the wiper seal on the rear side of the slide is making contact with the sideing. On the front side of the slide it is not because the slide is too far to the rear.

What do I do about this? Anything? Or do I forsee a trip to the dealership already?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kraig

Montana_6099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:41 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Kraig,
I know you dont want to hear this, but I would be making a trip back to your dealership. Something is not right. I had a similar problem with my bedroom slide, the right side had dropped about 1/4 of an inch and was sitting on the bottom rubber seal. I just picked mine up from the factory on Thursday, they fixed the entire slide.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote