Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2004, 03:49 AM   #1
hodag
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #150
mor/ryde pin box

while at the rally i attended the seminar and was wondering if anyone has followed through on this product.

hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 05:36 AM   #2
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Since we couldn't attend the rally I missed the Morryde presentation but I did have chance to talk to Gary Wheeler at a recent SKP rally. I made the comment that if they only had someway to handle the up and down movement also they would have a great setup. He replied that they originally had just that but when they started testing their equipment showed that most of what was being felt in the truck was for and aft. He stated that there is some benefit to dampening up and down (such as an air hitch)but the big gains are fore and aft. He also stated that they started out by putting their unit on 12 customers units. They had them drive a certain route,bumps,railroad tracks,etc,before and after. The customers were then given the choice of keeping their new pinbox or not. Gary said only one gave it back so I guess it must work.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 07:22 AM   #3
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
never thought about getting one. the set up I have now seams to be a nice ride on it's own.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:50 AM   #4
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
My father-in-law is going to get the mor-ryde pinbox to replace his trailair pinbox within the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know what his thoughts are on the difference between the two.
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:52 AM   #5
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
I spoke with the factory rep at Harrisburg. He said the main problem many had was the push pull when driving. I said I didn't really have that type of problem what I was looking for was an improvement in the ride in the trailer and in the truck. Cushioning the up and down would benefit me more than anything. He was upfront and said that his product would not really help me. He said Mor-Ride suspension on the truck would help.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 01:22 PM   #6
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
I recently installed both the independent suspension and the kingpin from Mor/ryde and I love both the ride and the fact that things in my 5th wheel no longer go flying around while riding down the road. I'm happy with the results as promised by Mor/ryde.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 05:46 PM   #7
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
My father-in-law just got back from Indiana after getting the Mor/ryde pinbox installed (as well as the disc brakes) and said it does improve the ride slightly over the TrailAir pinbox, but in a noticeably different way. However, he also has the Mor/Ryde suspension (installed previously) and thinks that has helped with the up and down motion of the trailer at the hitch and the Mor/Ryde pinbox complements their suspension better than the trailair. He still likes the TrailAir (and we may be getting a hand-me-down if it'll fit on our trailer), but he didn't like the fact that he had to worry about checking and adjusting air pressure in the hitch.

Oh, my father-in-law loves the new Disc Brakes. He said he was able to run with his Prodigy controller on Boost 2 instead of Boost 3 and was able to reduce the power setting on it dramatically and improves the ride. There is also the fact that with the new brakes he has more of a braking reserve, if he ever needs it for a panic stop.

Fred
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 02:57 AM   #8
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Thanks for the update Fred.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 01:38 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Fred. If that TrailAir won't fit on yours maybe it would on mine??
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote