Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Interesting Web Site! Shows Repo's

I found this web site today so I thought I would share it with everyone. Once you visit you will see it's kind of self explanatory. Interesting!

On Edit: Repossessed RV's...Click on the RVs link; it shows at least three Monty's at the time of this posting.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:25 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Lots of repo's there Bill. Some nice looking ones too. I just wonder how good of care the previous owners gave them. My wife being a banker in our previous life, I've looked at some repo vehicles. Owners tended to be negligent in care of those vehicles.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:48 AM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Sad but true, the will be many more. Some thru bad decisions other due to jobs going South (NAFTA). I also agree that repo's are in some cases abused as a way to lash out toward someone? Good Luck to the ones who are in this situation, and it can happen to anyone. GBY..
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:28 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
There was a recent story in the local paper about the large number of home repos in the area and some of the things people did. In particular, there was one home in the $400K+ price range where the people had kicked holes in the walls and pulled doors off the hinges as a final act before moving out. Sad testament to their character.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
If you have the funds and the time to do the research there are many fine repo's out there, Cars, Trucks, Rv's homes. etc. Repo does not just happen to stupid folks who should know better. It happens to everyone as evidenced by the many very high dollar homes(some in the millions) at public auction here in South and Central Florida.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
johnp4191
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6664
Before we bought our Monty 2 years ago, we went to the Cranky Ape site in Cannon Falls, MN. They had a different name then, not sure how they came up with the current name! They get all brands and sizes. They will have a number of units on site, but it may be months before they show up on their selling site. At the time, RV's were selling for a couple of thousand less than what you would find them at a local dealer. They have added several locations just this past summer.

We looked at a number of the units they had and some were in great condition and some had anything that could be removed had been. As with any used unit, it can be buyer beware.

Judi
johnp4191 is offline   Reply With Quote