Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2008, 02:20 AM   #1
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
Memory

We went to a fall fair in Port Elgin Ontario yesterday(Pumpkinfest) they always have an antique car show......they call in antique....its mostly cars from the 50's and 60's, you know OUR cars....I guess we are antiques??? anyway..I sometimes cant remember things.. some of which happened in a conversation with the DW two days ago....but when I run into a 1950..52..54 56 and 58 Ford I can remember the car, the colour, what I had to do to fix it and the girls I dated then...I can remeber the Names of other guys that had them and the things we did....even the other cars.. you know, the ones that purported to be faster than our hot Fords ......what really blew me away...I worked at Ford from 1965-75 and did a particular job...due to conflicts with management we would wax pencil initials on the units we did work on.......I spoke to a couple that rebuilt a 1965 red Ford Galaxie 500 convertible( bought one new instead of a mustang)...and related the above...and told him where I would have done that.....he thought for a moment and then pulled out a screwdriver and off come the headlight cover....there was a sig but not mine.. so it come off the line on my shift but I didnt actually do it.......wow...memories...I can just about remember the whole shift routine for those days........now if I can just remember where my socks are I will be fine..............

Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:16 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Thanks Don.
Very nice story.

My first love was a 1951 Ford. It used to leave the '55 Chevy automatic high and dry in the back road drag races. Made them so mad!!!! They always wanted to "get even," but couldn't do it.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:42 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Really makes you feel ancient when these yougsters start referring to OUR cars as antiques. My very first car I bought and paid for myself was a 55 Plymouth but what a dog. BUT my first real car was A 52 Ford flat head V8 with 3 deuces. Lots of memories in the ole flat head. Blowing Chevs away was my favorite pass time.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:46 AM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
My very first car was a 1929 Model A Ford. Boy, would that thing purr on the highway --50 mph and I thought I was in heaven! Never washed that car. When it got too dirty I would wait for a rain storm and then paint it by brush with Wagon & Tractor Enamel. It always looked shiny and I think it had about eight coats of paint on it when I junked it.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #5
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
Here is a story for you.. its actually very true,,,,One of the guys I used to race against( a Pontiac driver)... it was a late night road race and he lost,...never heard much from him after that...he lived in a small town about 2o miles away........when my oldest daughter got married...we met the grooms parents.....guess who??? we didnt hear from him after the race cause he went off the road into a feild and rolled the pontiac..he was ok and walked home..... neve came back for a rematch...really stupid part is now he drives fords and DW's car is a Pontiac..
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote