Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2006, 03:44 AM   #1
Montana_6085
Established Member

M.O.C. #6085
Question about Carpet

My Husband were finally able to go through the 2 Montanas that we liked the floor plans for. They were the 3600RE and the 3295RK. We have decided that the 3295RK would best suit us.

That said, I am wondering if anyone here knows if the factory would be willing to not put the carpet down over the lino, except under the slides of course, in the living area? I understand that the lino is placed throughout on the whole floor and then the carpet is laid on top of it. We would like to have as little carpet as possible for the living area and since we both realize that carpet has to be under the slideouts then we would like for there to be NO carpet elsewhere in the living area. Is the factory willing to do this? Who would I call or speak to find out for sure? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

GQ

Montana_6085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 05:35 AM   #2
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
My suggestion would be to first make a phone call to Keystone Customer Service (574-534-9430) as a starting point at their end. C/S should be able to get you to the correct folks at Keystone to talk to. They would be the "yes or no" folks, I would think. If it is "Yes", and armed with that info, go to your dealer and work through him in the ordering process. I would thiink it is "do-able"

Hope this is of some help..
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:09 PM   #3
Montana_6085
Established Member

M.O.C. #6085
Thank you for your reply. I will call them Monday and see what they say.

GQ
Old 09-30-2006, 06:01 PM   #4
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
I called and asked Keystone if they simple carpeted over the lino in the bath area or did they put lino down in specific areas. They indicated that they put the lino where they wanted it and did NOT carpet over the lino. Can anyone who went on a factory tour shed some light on this?

MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:27 PM   #5
Montana_6085
Established Member

M.O.C. #6085
When did you talk to them? We were also looking at an Everest and I talked to "Jack" in the Everest division and he told me that they lay carpet over the lino. In fact, so far everyone Iever talk to at any factory sys that is how they do it. I would be interested in hearing the repliues to your question.

GQ
Old 10-01-2006, 06:54 AM   #6
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I was at the Keystone factory in Pendelton, Or. last month and went on a tour. They put lino over the entire floor then carpet over it.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:17 AM   #7
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
I would call the Customer Service at Keystone and ask them. Maybe even ask who is the Keystone, Montana Sales Rep for your area and speak to him.

As DHenry states there is Lino over the entire floor. At the recent factory tour there appeared to be none in the bedroom area and it seemed maybe under some area on the outskirts of the coach. The main area which you would see did seem to have lino with again the exception of the bedroom.

Patty

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:32 PM   #8
Rocky2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2840
I looked under the carpet at the vent nearest the end of the kitchen counter and found that they layed vinyl floor up to about there - probably just put a square down instead of cutting to shape - we are thinking about removing carpet up to the end of the counter. Not sure about where they stapled carpet down by the door though - we may find holes we can't mend.

Laura
Rocky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:19 PM   #9
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
We recently took all of our carpeting out of our 2005 model 3670 and replaced it with Laminate flooring. We did leave the carpeting in the slide-out. In answer to your question, they only put linoleum where they needed to. Most of the area under the carpeting had no linoleum. I'm sure this is a cost-savings to them. The linoleum didn't stop exactly where the carpeting began, but there was not a lot extra. The only area that had linoleum over the entire are was the bathroom. No linoleum in the bedroom under the carpeting, however. Hope this helps.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:41 PM   #10
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
I was specifically asking about the area from the steps up to the bedroom. It looked to me like the pattern perfectly matched from the place in from of the bathroom sink and the water closet and w/d area directly across from the the bathroom sink. My wife wanted to have lino in the entire bath area so I called Keystone to see if the pieced it together or cover the entire with lino and just laid the carpet where they wanted it. They said they pieced it together and it was just coincidence the patter seemed to match up. I can relay the carpet but I don't want to rip it up just to put it back down unless I am fairly sure the lino is there.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:57 AM   #11
Montana_6085
Established Member

M.O.C. #6085
I was told by a factory rep that they put the carpet over the lino in the living area. I never asked about the bedroom area because I never cared. But since we have so many differing facts that it would make sense to order how we want, or don't want, the carpet and the lino.

GQ
Old 10-08-2006, 10:28 AM   #12
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
My impression during the factory tour was that the linoleum was patchy, that is put down where it was needed and not over the entire floor. This may vary depending on what year Montana you have.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:42 AM   #13
larryngail
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #888
IMHO, of course....there may be a couple of units that really come out of the factory being put together exactly the same. Otherwise, it seems to depend on who worked on a rig & how they were feeling the day they did it.

An example....which has NOTHING to do with carpeting....
Our entry grab is mounted on the OUTside of the awning. You need to have pretty long arms for it to be of much use. Yes, we should have noticed this in our PDI -- but we did not. We were too excited.

Anyhow...good luck
larryngail is offline   Reply With Quote