Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
New Keystone Changes to Montana

We just turned in our 03 for trade at the Dealer, and got the status of our order. Interesting - Per our Dealer, our unit will have the wood door fridge, and most likely will have a flat screen TV in the living room.

All units manufactured after Nov 1 are supposed to have the wood door. The black door is still available through special order at the factory.

The flat screen TV was a surprise, effective Nov 1.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Just goes to show, good things come to those who wait .
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #3
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Brad,
I know you are thrilled with the wood front fridge door, but the flat screen TV??? Since you didn't "order" it, I would be willing to trade you ours for the flattie. Don't want you to be disappointed...
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:48 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Brad is right. The wood grain is back for the frig doors and flat screen TVs are coming in all the new rigs. The Montanas just keep getting better and better.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:04 AM   #5
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by LonnieB

Just goes to show, good things come to those who wait .
Not necessarly Lonnie, around my house it would be left overs that nobody else wanted and a half eaten turkey drumstick.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:21 AM   #6
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Well we all are waiting as to what they did for mounting this flat screen. The first one out must post this information! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ....... LOL

Still happy we got ours early, just entertained with dinner for 5 and had plenty of room at the table. Doesn't get any better than that now does it!

Remember the.......................
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:28 AM   #7
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Good to hear your door is back Brad. Tell them to get whole body paint jobs,a and bike racks on rear or two inch receiver on back and I will begin to pick my new rig out. Till then I will wait it out.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:31 AM   #8
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Brad, that is great. Can't wait to see pictures.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:40 AM   #9
bob
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6258
I talked to a Trail rep last week He said that Trailair is bearing sold to Lippert frame Trail air could become a factory opp
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:38 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We saw the flat screen Tv in the new 3485 at the rally.You should also have a slide out storage drawer in the rear of the TV cabinet. We took pictures so we can convert when ou rt monster Tv breaks..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:51 AM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
A picture is worth a thousand words....

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...485/3485-2.jpg
Take note of the cabinet door to the rear of the TV.
Actually it is a drawer for storage of CDs

And you can see more 3485 pics here...

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...timingit/3485/
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:03 AM   #12
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Thanks Glenn,

I was wondering how they would use up all that space back there.

Brad
Old 11-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #13
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Glenn,

Flat screen TV's have been around a long time and are very little different than a regular TV.

Are we really talking about a flat panel TV such as an LCD or Plasma?

I couldn't tell from the photos what I was really looking at.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:55 PM   #14
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Rick -

I think they actually mean flat panel TV. I'm sure it's not plasma but probably LCD. Thats how the extra room in the back became available for the CD rack.

Brad
Old 11-13-2006, 05:53 AM   #15
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Someone - Brad maybe? What is the difference between an LCD and Plasma? We are shopping for one for the bedroom - the 05 did not come with one and we have had a small old 13" in there and want a larger one.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:00 AM   #16
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Very nice addition of more storage behind the TV. Did they move the wall lamp that was there to somewhere else or delete it? If they deleted it would this leave us with bullet light or house style light above the desk for illumination? An important question for those who really need a well lit desk area. Thanks.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:05 AM   #17
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Sue -

I'm not exactly sure of the difference other than cost. The plasma are higher in cost and I understand they have a lifespan of about 10 years. The LCD came out later and is a lot like your laptop screens. It is cheaper and a little more reliable.

I welcome other input from those than know more than I.

Brad
Old 11-13-2006, 07:24 AM   #18
Montana_6085
Established Member

M.O.C. #6085
OK first off, the LCD was around before Plasma anything. That is just to start things off on the right track.

Plasma television technology is based loosely on the fluorescent lightbulb. The display itself consists of cells. Within each cell two glass panels are separated by a narrow gap in which neon-xenon gas is injected and sealed in plasma form during the manufacturing process. The gas is electrically charged at specific intervals when the Plasma set is in use. The charged gas then strikes red, green, and blue phosphors, thus creating a television image. Each group of red, green, and blue phosphors is called a pixel (picture element).

Although Plasma television technology eliminate the need for the bulky picture tube and electron beam scanning of traditional televisions, because it still employs the burning of phosphors to generate an image, Plasma televisions still suffer from some of the drawbacks of traditional televisions, such as heat generation and screen-burn of static images.

LCD televisions, on the other hand, use a different technology (see also question #1 for this same explanation).

Basically, LCD panels are made of two layers of transparent material, which are polarized, and are "glued" together. One of the layers is coated with a special polymer that holds the individual liquid crystals. Current is then passed through individual crystals, which allow the crystals to pass or block light to create images. LCD crystals do not produce their own light, so an external light source, such as florescent bulb is needed for the image created by the LCD to become visible to the viewer.

Unlike standard CRT and Plasma televisions, since there are no phosphors that light up, less power is need for operation and the light source in an LCD television generates less heat than a Plasma or traditional television. Also, because of the nature of LCD technology, there is no radiation emitted from the screen itself.

The ADVANTAGES of Plasma over LCD are:

1. Larger screen size availability.

2. Better contrast ratio and ability to render deeper blacks.

3. Better color accuracy and saturation.

4. Better motion tracking (little or no motion lag in fast moving images).

The DISADVANTAGES of Plasma vs LCD include:

1. Plasma TVs are more susceptible to burn-in of static images.

2. Plasma TVs generate more heat than LCDs, due to the need to light of phosphors to create the images.

3. Does not perform as well at higher altitudes.

4. Shorter display life span (about 30,000 hours or 8 hrs of viewing a day for 9 years) than LCD. This can vary according to other environmental and use factors.

LCD television ADVANTAGES over Plasma include:

1. No burn-in of static images.

2. Cooler running temperature.

3. No high altitude use issues.

4. Increased image brightness over Plasma.

5. Longer display life (about 60,000 hours - at which time all you may need to do is replace the light source, not the entire set). This can vary according other environmental and use factors.

DISADVANTAGES of LCD vs Plasma televisions include:

1. Lower contrast ratio, not as good rendering deep blacks.

2. Not as good at tracking motion (fast moving objects may exhibit lag artifacts).

3. Not as available in large screen sizes above 37-inches

4. Although LCD televisions do not suffer from burn-in susceptibility, it is possible that individual pixels on an LCD televisions can burn out, causing small, visible, black or white dots to appear on the screen. Individual pixels cannot be repaired, the whole screen would need to be replaced at that point, if the individual pixel burnout becomes annoying to you.

5. LCD televisions are typically more expensive than equivalent-sized Plasma televisions, especially when comparing EDTV Plasmas to HDTV-LCD Televisions.

Montana_6085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:35 AM   #19
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Many large coach converters are going to LCD tv's instead of plasmas because of picture quality issues caused by the movement of the coach while going down the road. The plasma tv's do not like to be put on their side, bounced, rocked, or the "cold" temps from early spring and late fall camping. This according to 2 different bus conversion companies.

Sue,
Go for the 32 - 36" LCD and mount it directly ontop of your bedroom dresser. Just bolt the stand through the dresser top and install nuts on the underside to hold it in place. All you have to do is remove the top 2 drawers to have access to the underside of the dresser top. =) Sure beats a small 15" in the tv cabinet... Oh and while your at it, go for the Bose 3.2.1 system, you can put the subwoofer in the bottom cabinet and install the 2 gem speaker cubes on the under side of the over head cabinet on each side of the window. You will be in heaven....
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:37 AM   #20
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Ya Sue - what GraphicQueen said!!

Thanks GraphicQueen.