Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2018, 06:27 PM   #1
Jersquared
Established Member

M.O.C. #22311
Montana 3120rl

The wife and I have officially broke ground on our RV shop.. STEP 1 of new Montana purchase lol. We have basically decided on the 3120rl. 2 quick questions for any of you possible owners.. We have been up to the dealership a couple times walked through it etc... I just now noticed looking online at pictures...

1.) does the gutter for the dining room slide really drain to the entry steps? Is this as bad as it sounds or am I overly concerned?

2.) with the dual Awning it looks like the main awning (not over the slide) doesn't completely cover the entry door? Again have any of you noticed this being a problem or less than ideal.

We live here in the Great Pacific Northwest, every year we make a camping trip where the weather is not always ideal... I don't plan on being confined to the trailer, but I also don't want a moat around my front steps due to drainage or half my body getting wet every time I enter or leave the 5th wheel.

Thanks everyone, just a couple things I noticed looking at pictures... I know pictures can be misleading. Just wanting some real accounts.

Jer

Jersquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:33 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Our 3720 has a similar lay out. The awning only covers most of the stairs and none if the wind is blowing from the wrong way, but hasn't really been a major problem. The drain on ours also misses us unless there is a serious wind issue.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:40 PM   #3
Jersquared
Established Member

M.O.C. #22311
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
Our 3720 has a similar lay out. The awning only covers most of the stairs and none if the wind is blowing from the wrong way, but hasn't really been a major problem. The drain on ours also misses us unless there is a serious wind issue.
Thanks Dick. I don't believe this to be a deal breaker. When the wife started looking we checked out both Bighorn and Montana. That's our price range. To us we liked the look and feel of the Montana. We don't camp a ton in downpours, but those central Oregon systems that roll in can bring a bunch of rain in a hurry. Hopefully it doesn't pool up too bad at the front steps

Jer
Jersquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:50 PM   #4
rmthelen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12748
Send a message via MSN to rmthelen
Jer, we have a 2013 3100 (which is the same as the new 3120) and have lived in it half of the time for the last 6 years and to be honest, I hadn't noticed that the door not being fully covered nor the drain being an issue. I seriously doubt that you will either.

We really like ours, it is small enough that it fits in my barn and I can put it in a site in some of the state parks that would be restrictive if it were much longer.
rmthelen is offline   Reply With Quote