Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2008, 08:00 AM   #1
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
We are now MOC-SOB's !!

We couldn't wait until April's retirement in three years, when we will get our Montana for fulltiming, so we bought a Jayco JayFlight 28' travel trailer to last us until then.
Now we can attend the rallies, go camping frequently and get a headstart on understanding the lifestyle a little.
It's a far cry from a Montana, but we see it as our "commitment" for the interim.
Now we can post on the regular forum items and also in the "SOB" section (where I probably belong anyway. - )
Hope to see ya' somewhere along the way. If you see a TT flashing lights at you, it's probably us.
Larry

Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:24 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Enjoy your TT. It should give you interim joy.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Good luck and happy trails with your Jayco TT. Just remember you are better than just "in-laws"!! It took many of us time to get to the Montana brand...and know that Jayco is great too!
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #4
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Hey Man-- Happy Trails and keep the dream.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Have a great early retirment, did they push your button to make you go early? also have many safe times in your tempory new RV.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #6
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Larry and April - Have fun!!!!!
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:36 PM   #7
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Larry, there is nothing wrong with the Jayco TT to "get you by". We had one a few years ago and it was nice. There is always something that you can post on without just the sob topic, don't go far and we'll flash our lights bach atchya!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:37 PM   #8
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
From one SOB to another, stick around and learn/teach along with the rest of us. We pulled a TT until last spring. You can and will experience everything but learning to back a 5th wheel. The thing I miss most is having a covered truck to haul and store things in while on the road. The basement storeage is hugh on these big 5ers but not as big as a longbed truck. Happy trails!! Bob
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Congratulations Larry - one RV is as good as the other. I've had several brands and they were all my favorite brand

BTW - Enjoyed seeing you in person on the BFT video http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=27074
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:21 AM   #10
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Congratulations you two!
How exciting!
Gotta start somewhere!
I don't think of you as an SOB! LOL
Have fun and be safe in your travels.
Maybe we'll see ya out there one day!

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:51 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We had a Jayco Eagle fifthwheel and it was a good trailer. We just made a poor choice in floorplans so traded it. For fulltiming, we considered the Jayco Designer. Good brand with excellent quality. A bit heavier than we wanted and we just didn't find the floorplan we wanted.

Good luck with the Jayflight. There's a lot of them around. While I have no firsthand experience with them, from what I hear you made a good choice that fits your needs at this time.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:25 AM   #12
krtam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7840
We also had a TT for two years before we bought our new Montana about three months ago. We found out how much we loved "camping". Although, we are not fulltime we are looking forward to spending a lot of more time in our new Montana.
Sharon
krtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:19 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Tell you what Larry..You did a smart thing. We did the same 10 YEARS before I retired. Of course we had no idea what brand camper we would purchse in the future but we purchased a camper (TT) and a truck that we figured would give us 10 years service (they did) During those 10 years we saved, planned , etc and were able to purchse the truck and camper (Montana) of our choice when we were ready. In your case you have no idea what a Montana might look like 3 years down the road and it will give you some time to save toward the purchase and you will have something for a trade in. That Jayco is a great choice for a tweener.. They are very popular out here on the road and folks are hapy with them.
You have thre more years of learning experience before you... Good decision..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote