Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #21
pchaas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #634
John, I have been toying with the same idea. My reason for doing it is so we can go off and leave the pooch in the unit without fear of the roof air going out. We also have a highspeed fan from SAMS and we turn it on at night and push the downstairs air up into the bedroom. It works pretty well and we ususlly end up getting up in the middle of the night to adjust the thermostat.

pchaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:09 PM   #22
dmaxmountaineer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9691
I had the same problem as you and decided to buy a portable ac. Portable ac's cool differently than a window or a roof top ac. I dont know how to explain it, but its not as a crisp cool air as the others. It works well none the less, but not the same as a "real" ac. I didnt want to go through the expense of a roof top air conditioner in our room nor did i want to deal with the noise. I have the portable ac exhaust and intake in the living room going out one of the slide out windows.

One problem i did notice was that if i keep it in the living room (can't put it anywhere else) the cool air from the portable ac gets sucked into the intake of the rooftop ac and screws with the thermostadt.

My main reason for buying it was that i like it cool, but i also dont want one single air conditioner cooling the entire rv, 24 hours a day for the entire weekend.
dmaxmountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #23
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Yes, they do not dehumidify well at all, they are a 'spot' cooling method. A waste of money in my opinion.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote