Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2008, 06:42 PM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
A Big Thank You!!!!

A great big thank you to Firetrucker Bob and John from Anthem, AZ for helping with my hitch pin change in Tucson. It's real nice knowing you can count on other MOC'ers in a pinch. By the way, The rig rode great to Phoenix. It was kind of strange looking in the rear view mirror and seeing the Monty float up and down and sideways and the truck remain perfectly still (well maybe not perfectly still, but pretty darn close).

Thanks to all for the help!!!!

Phil

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:11 AM   #2
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Phil, even though Sharon thought I was out getting our rig ready to leave, it was worth the investment to make sure you weren't going to have a problem with the Montana "riding the rails," so to speak. Watching the Montana move around back there gives you a greater appreciation for what's happening to the frame of both rigs. I bet it was a smoother ride. Are you going to get the two inch spacer for the hitch?

It was good to meet you at the rally, and I hope we get to do it again soon.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Bob, I am undecided about the Lift Kit. After moving the hitch pin down I had plenty of clearance (I hope). and the Montana was almost perfectly level and that was with the white mark where it should have been. If I was to get the kit I would probably have to move the hitch pin back up, although with the lift kit I would have about 7-8 inches of clearance. What would your thoughts be on this?

I called Hensley and they are not happy with Beaudry not, at least measuring my hitch and truck with one of their Montanas. They, (Beaudry) sure don't seem very customer oriented. It wouldn't have taken much to measure it correctly, however, Hensley folks cannot find where Beaudry even ordered any of the lift kits anyway, so they just put them in and send you on your merry way.

I look forward to your reply and hope to see you again soon somewhere!!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #4
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Phil, too bad there isn't a one inch lift kit! I'd feel more comfortable with a little room to play with, rather than being right on the edge, but I know the feeling of being a little short or way too long. I think the best thing is to check some more Montanas like we did when some of the guys were leaving. A lot of them seemed to have at least seven inches of clearance over the rails, but I didn't step back and eyeball the trailer to see how level it rode.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:40 AM   #5
diamondg
Established Member

M.O.C. #5903
Send a message via ICQ to diamondg Send a message via AIM to diamondg
What's the cost for a Mor-Ryde pin box? We haven't seen any prices for the cost of the box and installation or where it is done.
diamondg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:52 PM   #6
Fire1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8237
Send a message via AIM to Fire1
I suggest looking on E-bay there was one posted at $350.00 the other day I am not sure what it finally sold for but a new one is around $595. I think

Doug

Fire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:17 AM   #7
diamondg
Established Member

M.O.C. #5903
Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated. Will do.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I paid $695 last year at the Good Sam rally in Redmond OR, I put it on myself in Tillamook, OR, with the help of my BIL and Nephew.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:45 AM   #9
diamondg
Established Member

M.O.C. #5903
Thanks again for all the suggestions on where to look for the Mor-Ryde Pin Box. We did find one on eBay for $598 total, including shipping. The dealer had a 100% satisfaction rating, and did ask the model of the existing pin box, so they can make sure they ship the right one.