Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2006, 05:28 AM   #1
Montana_5701
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5701
3400 is home now

It started with our trip to North Carolina in the now old FW Wilderness via Houston, Slidell, LA, Meridian, MS,.. First stopped at a Loves Travel Stop near Hope, AR and saw a Montana bedded down for the night. It was this first viewing that gave us the fever.

Since my work takes me to the Middle East each month it was a lot of overseas phone calls, e-mails and online searching that finally found the dealer of choice so needless to say I was very excited to get back home and bring the 3400 home.

With nearly 170 miles to the dealer and back I found myself stopping at nearly every RV friendly stop to admire the purchase and even moreso when I arrived at home. Currently have to modify my RV garage for the slide outs and some widening of the driveway entrance but it is finally at home..

I wish to thank all the members for their advice and tips as it was of a very special help in the choice/insepction/purchase.

Will post the pictures, and info. ASAP.

Again.. Thanks to all..

Michael / Isabel
Greenbrier, AR

Montana_5701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:43 AM   #2
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Congrats, folks!

Loads of us have felt as you are feeling, right now.

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:48 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We can relate to widening the driveway as we are doing the same. We can also relate to admiring the purchase.Everytime we look in the driveway and see the huge camper we can't believe we bought the whole thing..but are glad we did..Now the fun begins..Happy camping..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:07 AM   #4
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Congratulations! I'm sure there will be many exciting adventures in your future.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:28 AM   #5
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Congratulations on your new Montana. I am sure you will have many happy adventures!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:27 AM   #6
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Congrats on that 3400. I knew you had a good head on you to make the right decision.
Now don't you dare make laps around the campground when you pull in pretending you are looking for your campsite when actually you are just showing that beautiful thing off to others.
PS it only took me two laps to find my first campsite with it. I would have tried the third but it was getting dark.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:37 AM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Congratulations Michael and Isabel. You've chosen a great unit and floorplan plus a great forum.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #8
Montana_5701
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5701
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by indy roadrunner

Congrats on that 3400. I knew you had a good head on you to make the right decision.
Now don't you dare make laps around the campground when you pull in pretending you are looking for your campsite when actually you are just showing that beautiful thing off to others.
PS it only took me two laps to find my first campsite with it. I would have tried the third but it was getting dark.
.................................................. ...................

Well my wife who is from Brazil accused my previous camper of looking like a flavella (Brazilian Slum) and when I pulled in the campground in it, I pulled in the first campsite I saw and hid.. As for the 3400, not only will I make laps around the campground, I will get a strobe light and place on the top while trying to find the lost campsite..
Old 06-11-2006, 09:12 AM   #9
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Congrats Michael,Isabel,

Great unit, looking forward to seeing some pictures. Now you will have to stay home a little more so you can use the new 3400.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:50 AM   #10
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Congrats on your new 3400RL. Now that the hard part is over, your fun will begin. I hope your new coach brings you as much happiness to you as mine has me.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #11
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Congrats on your new purchase. I know I am still grinning from ear to ear when I look out of the back door. We are having a Montana party this weekend to show ours off.

The hard part is trying to figure out where you will put things. There is so much room it is hard not fill up all of that space with extra weight.

Happy travels to you.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:04 AM   #12
Montana_5701
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5701
Well with my work schedule of 28 days on / 28 days off it leaves a lot of room to roam around in the 3400. I am just now waiting for a fabricator to show up so I can get it back in the garage. Garage is 14 ft. wide and not quite enough for both slides to be open.

Talking about admiring the camper... When we were on the way back from the dealer the other day, I stopped about 3 times and acted like I had to go to the toilet or for water or coffee and acted like I needed to inspect the hitch and tires when in reality I was just admiring..
Old 06-11-2006, 02:22 PM   #13
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Strobe Light !!!!!Hmm never thought of that. Sounds like a good idea to me, maybe even add a little outdoor speaker playing some jamming music when you come in the camp ground. Maybe the theme song to "Moving On Up" oh yeah the theme song to the Jeffersons.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:26 PM   #14
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Know the feeling well. We have owned our Monty for almost a year now and we still admire her every day. Don't even make excuses to stop any more. We absolutely love ours!!!
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #15
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congrats on your new acquisition. I know you will enjoy it. Happy RVing...
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:59 PM   #16
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Congrats on the new RV. We love ours and sure you will too.

quote]Originally posted by mp-ray

It started with our trip to North Carolina in the now old FW Wilderness via Houston, Slidell, LA, Meridian, MS,.. First stopped at a Loves Travel Stop near Hope, AR and saw a Montana bedded down for the night. It was this first viewing that gave us the fever.

Since my work takes me to the Middle East each month it was a lot of overseas phone calls, e-mails and online searching that finally found the dealer of choice so needless to say I was very excited to get back home and bring the 3400 home.

With nearly 170 miles to the dealer and back I found myself stopping at nearly every RV friendly stop to admire the purchase and even moreso when I arrived at home. Currently have to modify my RV garage for the slide outs and some widening of the driveway entrance but it is finally at home..

I wish to thank all the members for their advice and tips as it was of a very special help in the choice/insepction/purchase.

Will post the pictures, and info. ASAP.

Again.. Thanks to all..

Michael / Isabel
Greenbrier, AR
[/quote]
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:32 PM   #17
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
Ah, go ahead - fill it up (but don't go over the weight)ha!; you can put a lot of stuff in these rigs, no matter which one, when you really think about it, especially if you aren't full timing yet - I think we have loaded and unloaded so many times, we now know what NOT to take, at least....hard to get the old camping needs out of our heads and just enjoy RV'ING the fun way...enjoy, enjoy!!

Chaser
Mike & Evy Orlob
2006 3400; 2004 Dodge Ram 3500
Retired, RV'ing, Race Fans (or is that fanatics)
Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:16 PM   #18
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
super congrats on the 3400rl we just got ours about 2 months ago we have had a great time in ours the few times we went out in her and really turned some heads when pulling this beauty into some parks and the fireplace just puts people over the top so enjoy your beauty and may it bring you the same scence of pride that ours does to us and all the others here in the group can,t wait to read your first post after being out on the road good luck bye for now till we meet
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:41 PM   #19
Montana_5701
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5701
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by boat391

super congrats on the 3400rl we just got ours about 2 months ago we have had a great time in ours the few times we went out in her and really turned some heads when pulling this beauty into some parks and the fireplace just puts people over the top so enjoy your beauty and may it bring you the same scence of pride that ours does to us and all the others here in the group can,t wait to read your first post after being out on the road good luck bye for now till we meet
.................................................. ...................
With my work schedule, it will be August before I can take it out but I am looking forward to it. I do however have it under full hookup here at home but not the same as being out.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:03 AM   #20
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Congrats on your purchase! We've been taking ours out for 2 weeks of the month - right now, we're in San Diego, doing laundry while perusing the forum. But, better to do laundry on the road than at home!
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote