Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2008, 04:27 AM   #1
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Big Sky ??????

Does anyone have a 2009 Big Sky on order. If so does it have 7,000 lb axles and is it equipped with G rated tires. And does anyone know if the 2009 Big Sky will be at the fall rally? Delaine has talked to someone at Keystone but at the time they didn't not know what they would have at the rally. We are thinking about driving up in Delaine's car for a couple of days and look at the Big Sky's. Will be going to Texas for a few days in Sept and with the cost of Diesel that trip will be pushing our budget for the summer. Going South for the Winter GBY....

Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:46 AM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Lindy, didn't you guys just buy a 2009 SOB? During the Rally Keystone usually has several different models outside at the factory just for us MOCers to peruse during the factory tour. Not sure if a Big Sky will be there, I would guess they would have one there, though.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:54 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
If you order the unit make sure your contract specifies those requirements. I learned the hard way that things I assumed were not always the case. The dealer said it was not specified in the contract. Little details are the ones that get lost. If you assume wood doors on Fridge state so on the purchase order. We got the black ones thinking we would get wood. It was not specified.
Good luck.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:57 AM   #4
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Look under the Big Sky value package and you will see the axels are rated at 6750#. I have one ordered and expect to have it in mid August, I will be at the rally.

Big Sky Value Package
6750 lb. Dexter E-Z lube axles
Mor/Ryde suspensions system
Power front and rear stabilizer jacks
High output range w/ auto ignite and flush mount cover
Roof ladder
Outside shower
Sky dome over shower
Brinks hidden safe
Deluxe porcelain toilet
Stackable or combo Washer/dryer/ prep
“Big Sky Cherry” sofa and end table with pewter lamp
“Stor-More” drawers in bedroom front closet
Arctic Insulation Package tested for zero degree use
Comfort
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:15 AM   #5
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
dsprik, we did buy 2009 SOB in Mar. But we don't like the enclosed bedroom, and the dealership really has turned us off. I should have known better, but its my fault and it want happen again. And I will rectify this small problem. I just wish keystone was still making the Cambridge, if they were I would have a Cambridge. It was a awesome 5er, but I also have a lot of respect for Keystone. So the hunt goes on, never quit, never give up. You only go thru this world one time. Life is Good. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote