Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2017, 12:26 PM   #1
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
10 year old rule?

So I've been looking at some places Shelley and I want to travel to. I keep seeing on the RV parks web sites that RV'S 10 years are older have to be approved by management. My question is, like most montana's are decals are faded. Other then that it looks great. I've seen many Montana's newer then mine that look even worse. So have you been turned away becuase of faded or peeling decals?

Old 11-09-2017, 12:51 PM   #2
coachgrowl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20448
we had a 2004 keystone laredo decals cracked and faded. las vegas put us in the back where the older rigs were not turned away though. never been turned away. we purchased new rig this year because I was tired of so many repairs.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:50 PM   #3
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
My neighbor had a Class C+ at 12 years old. He had been asked for pictures twice while making reservations. He sold it and bought a 5er and new Ford diesel...
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:18 AM   #4
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
In 11 years of travels with our 2006 Monty, I have never been asked the year of my Montana. I can only guess that some RV parks want some "new rig Look!" that may effect how other RVers feel. Or maybe I stay at RV parks that appreciate my business--I am traveling 3-4 months a year.
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:49 AM   #5
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by timandsusan View Post
In 11 years of travels with our 2006 Monty, I have never been asked the year of my Montana. I can only guess that some RV parks want some "new rig Look!" that may effect how other RVers feel. Or maybe I stay at RV parks that appreciate my business--I am traveling 3-4 months a year.
With 450,000 new RVs built annually the last few years the 10 year rule is becoming much more popular. Sites are getting harder to find and prices are going up. As we trade every 3 years or so it does not bother us but we never care the age or size of the units next to us.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:41 AM   #6
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
I never really care how old a unit next to me is but I do wish there were rules to keep tent and popup campers out of the limited 50amp sites at some parks! We visit government run campgrounds a lot and it never fails that the sites with the best views will be the only ones with 50amp service and they will be taken by folks that don't need the 50amp hookup. I'm not saying I have an issue with what someone else is camping in I just wish there were rules that would keep everyone in the sites that match their rig requirements.
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:27 PM   #7
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
I never really care how old a unit next to me is but I do wish there were rules to keep tent and popup campers out of the limited 50amp sites at some parks! We visit government run campgrounds a lot and it never fails that the sites with the best views will be the only ones with 50amp service and they will be taken by folks that don't need the 50amp hookup. I'm not saying I have an issue with what someone else is camping in I just wish there were rules that would keep everyone in the sites that match their rig requirements.
That's understandable, seems like the parks would not allow that. With me I don't have a ugly RV. Rear cap replaced new 2 years ago, Both sides have slightly faded decals, the front cap is the worst with faded decals. Nice polished wheels. I'm not looking to live in a park. I was just wondering if Shelley and I will encounter problems as we begin traveling more.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:30 PM   #8
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
That's understandable, seems like the parks would not allow that. With me I don't have a ugly RV. Rear cap replaced new 2 years ago, Both sides have slightly faded decals, the front cap is the worst with faded decals. Nice polished wheels. I'm not looking to live in a park. I was just wondering if Shelley and I will encounter problems as we begin traveling more.
I don't think you will have a problem. From what I hear they are just making certain rigs are clean and in good condition. Only one in AL is very picky. They do not give any leeway on the 10 year rule and do not allow any TTs. We will not go there even though we have a new 5er. Too snobby for us.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:39 PM   #9
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I don't think you will have a problem. From what I hear they are just making certain rigs are clean and in good condition. Only one in AL is very picky. They do not give any leeway on the 10 year rule and do not allow any TTs. We will not go there even though we have a new 5er. Too snobby for us.
Okay, sounds like it won't be a problem. We don't want to stay anywhere more then a couple of weeks. We don't look are care for 5 star parks. Just the two of us and as long as we are in a park that is clean and safe and has a laundry, we're happy.