Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2017, 06:01 PM   #1
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
How do you stop email alerts?

How do you stop email alerts when a new reply is posted to a thread you are subscribed too? My inbox is being bombarded.

Is there a preferences tab somewhere hidden in the profile that I didn't see?

mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:12 PM   #2
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Go into each thread that you have posted in, pull down thread tools (left in blue bar) and click unsubscribe.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:38 PM   #3
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
Go into each thread that you have posted in, pull down thread tools (left in blue bar) and click unsubscribe.
So no way to unsubscribe from all?

Will that make you unfollow the thread?

I want to be able to follow threads but not get an email alert. IE: I only want to check them when I log onto this site but I want to be able to quickly find all the threads I am following.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:44 PM   #4
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
You will still be able to see the threads but will not get an email alert. Not aware of a way to unsubscribe from all.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:35 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
How do you stop email alerts when a new reply is posted to a thread you are subscribed too? My inbox is being bombarded.

Is there a preferences tab somewhere hidden in the profile that I didn't see?
For what it is worth, I don't subscribe to Threads. I review the list of recently updated Threads (in the right pane and under the Today's Posts selection) which is updated every time I logon.

However I did some playing and found that when you subscribe to a Thread you can specify if you want email notifications or not. Other options are to have daily or weekly emails (not too useful IMO).

Quote:
So no way to unsubscribe from all?
Yes you can unsubscribe from some or all of your subscribed Threads at one time. Click on "User CP" (in the brown bar), scroll down to "List Subscriptions" near the bottom of the left pane and click on it. That will bring up a screen which lists all your Subscriptions. To the right of each Thread is a checkbox. Click on the box to select it a Thread. Then in the lower right hand corner, in the brown bar, click on the drop down next to "Selected Threads" to select the "Delete Subscription" option. Clicking on the "Go" box next to it will make it happen for all selected Threads.

Here is what the screen should look like. Click on the picture to blow it up so it is readable.
Click image for larger version

Name:	MOC Subscribed Threads.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	707

Quote:
Will that make you unfollow the thread?

I am not sure what you mean by "Unfollow". You will be Subscribed but not receive emails for each update.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #6
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Thanks Carl,
I am fairly good with a computer but it is difficult to keep up with everything. Heck when I was in college we were programming COBAL and FORTRAN with key punch cards!!!! So the windows programming sometimes escapes me.....
Old 10-17-2017, 09:12 PM   #7
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I can understand your feelings. I spent 40+ years working with large scale IBM computer systems. COBOL, Fortran, RPG, Assembler, PLS, Java, etc. were my comfort zones. Then those darn PCs showed up and I had to learn them to survive (our PC tech support sucked).

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote