Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
Why does it take so long to get factory help?

I would like to know why it took so long to get the factory involved in the frame/AC issues that have plagued our unit since it bought last April. When the dealer knew there was a problem and contacted Keystone, your division sent them to Dometic and said that it was there issue. Hello?? They are on YOUR camper. I truly believe there is a design problem with the way the units send airflow through the camper and could get no help from Dometic or you. Then the frame issue developed in July and it took until November before I ever spoke with a single soul from Keystone. The unit has spent a full third of our ownership at the dealership, repair facility or being transported back and forth to them. This was our dream camper as we had always wanted a Montana when our son got older and we could make a floor plan work for us. Now, even my wife is questioning if we should get rid of the unit because both of us are literally disgusted with the unit and lack of communication with Keystone. I have posted the problems we've had with this unit on a few of the forums I am on and as of today they have been viewed over 81,000 times. Friends of ours that camp with us wanted a Montana but bought other brands because of the lack of help and the length of time we've dealt with the ongoing problems. We have nothing but good things to say about our dealer as we have bought three brand new campers form them since '09, but even they have been frustrated with the lack of concern from Montana. When we first had a problem with the nose of the camper flexing, the only number I had to anyone at the factory was our factory rep. So I called and left messages with him after emailing him a few times. When I finally did speak with him, he said, "I'm sorry you are having this issue, but we are about to show you why you bought a Montana." Well, quite frankly we've been waiting since last July and we are not impressed.

Golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Hopefully all your problems will finally get fixed to your satisfaction back at the factory. Unfortunately the bad taste left behind will always be "why does it take so long to get factory Help?"

It makes common sense to most of us that a dissatisfied customer will certainly spread the word.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #3
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
I feel for you guys as well and I hope that things finally get fixed. The one benefit to your ac issues is that you have provided the rest of us with a good depth of understanding on the new ac system as implemented by keystone...which I dearly appreciate.
jcurtis934 is offline   Reply With Quote