Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #21
Tootucky
Established Member

M.O.C. #7909
Our thoughts & prayers are very much with you!! I have some idea (but only some) of what you are going through. While we were at the rally, (in fact on Fri. while in the small tent with the ladies & crafts in case any of you were wondering why I flew out of there so fast) I recieved a phone call from my sister in Denver that my 38 year old nephew was taken to the emergency room with what he & his wife both thought was the flu that he just could not get over, and in fact was getting worse. When they arrived they were told that he was in septic shock. His liver and kidneys were in pre-failure and his heart was also giving out---blood pressure 55 over 30!!!!!! and was not expected to live.

Was in ICU for two weeks, in hospital until just a couple of days ago. Treated with massive, massive doses of anitbiotics. Severe infection in the lymphs, but never figured out what kind of infection it was/is. He had so much infection it destroyed his gall bladder, but was so sick and so weak they could not remove it yet, so put a shunt in his gall bladder till they can remove it. They are not sure how soon they can do the surgery, but don't expect to do it for a few months---he is still far too weak and sick.

They did send him home a few days ago, but he still needs nursing care, so his wife's aunt, who is an RN, will stay with them to help. My sister is relieved because even though they were told he would probably not make it, there has been what seems to be quite a bit of progress. I am worried, though, because even with all of the tests, and there were plenty!!!! they don't really know what they are treating, and his white blood cell count is still wacked out. So right now we are still praying alot, and believe me, will for sure add you, your sister, and nephew to our prayers!!!!

Tootucky is offline   Reply With Quote